Discover the wonders of nature encapsulated in Edens Garden's Manuka essential oil, a holistic elixir revered for its multifaceted skin benefits. Manuka, a gem hidden in the depths of New Zealand’s vibrant ecosystem, now becomes your ally in wellness, delivering a panacea for a range of skin concerns. From enhancing skin regeneration to soothing itchiness and reducing acne, this essential oil is celebrated as a versatile addition to any health-conscious individual's regimen.
Edens Garden's Manuka Oil holds an aromatic profile that’s as beneficial as it is enchanting. Its warm, earthy scent acts as a natural deodorizer, perfect for transforming your living spaces into freshened havens free of unwanted odors. Simple to incorporate into your everyday life, Manuka Oil can be seamlessly added to your DIY skincare recipes for a calming effect or diluted with a carrier oil for a comforting muscle massage. Its antibacterial properties make it a savvy choice for a naturally inspired first-aid application, tackling minor scrapes and blemishes with gentle efficiency.
Embrace the traditional wisdom of the Maori people and the latest in wellness trends with just a few drops of Manuka Oil in your diffuser, creating a healthful ambiance in your home or office. Whether you're looking to elevate your beauty routine or seeking a natural approach to self-care, Edens Garden promises a pure, quality experience without the premium price tag. Dive into the embrace of Manuka's protective benefits, and let us guide you towards a healthier, more radiant you.
Botanical Name: Leptospermum scoparium
Origin: New Zealand
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Blends Well With: Black pepper, Chamomile, Geranium and Litsea
Aroma: Herbaceous, rounded, bittersweet with a dry note
Consistency: Thin- Medium
Color: Clear- Amber
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 4-8 years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are several ways to effectively use Manuka essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water for its ability to aid clear breathing. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use it to regenerate and nourish the skin and reduce itching and acne. 3.) Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of Castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt for added magnesium absorption. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Manuka essential oil sometimes referred to as New Zealand Tea Tree, has natural components that can reduce germs and it is often compared to Tea Tree oil. It has a lot of fighting power and can potentially be just as capable if not more so at protecting against some bacteria than Tea Tree oil. Manuka also has, just like Tea Tree oil potent anti-viral and anti-microbial properties.
- In a skin nourishing blend diluted into a carrier oil such as sweet almond oil, manuka and other moisturizing essential oils can reduce dryness, itching and other irritations of the skin. Manuka works to heal irritated and dry skin by reducing microbes on the skin’s surface, thereby healing and nurturing. Try it in blends with Lavender and other oils that have an affinity to heal and moisturize such as Sandalwood.
- Manuka is an excellent choice in skin blends for acne and other skin irritations. Its a potent antiviral, antibacterial and antimicrobial offering the skin the ability to cleanse the clogged pores and destroy any irritants that lead to acne, cysts and other bacterial problems. To use Manuka for acne, dilute it by adding 10 drops to a roll-on bottle with carrier oil such as argan oil or rosehip seed oil.
- Essential oils are powerful, concentrated substances so a little goes a long way. We do not recommend adding Manuka to honey and ingesting it. Rather, two of the most effective ways to use them is by way of inhalation and topical use. Ingesting Manuka essential oil is rarely necessary or recommended, no matter the brand. Ingestion can lead to adverse reactions such as medication contraindications, mucous membrane irritation, sensitization and nausea if done incorrectly. Therefore, if you wish to take essential oils internally, we strongly recommend consulting with a knowledgeable professional with experience in internal use.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
PROBLEM SKIN: Add 6 drops Palmarosa, 6 drops Manuka to 1 oz Sunflower carrier oil. Clean skin and apply to desired area as a cleansing and balancing skin oil. Leave on until absorbed.
DIFFUSE: Diffuse Manuka throughout the house to freshen any space.
SALT DIFFUSION: To 2 oz of salt, add 4 drops Manuka and 4 drops of Helichrysum Gymnocephalum. The salt intensifies the aroma of the oils. Place near your bed to diffuse.
More from the blog: