Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle Your Essential Oil Bottles
For those of us who compost food scraps, ride our bikes to work, and cringe at the thought of throwing away plastic bottles in the solid waste bin, you may have already found a use for your empty essential oil bottles. In case you haven’t, we’ve decided to share an easy way to celebrate Earth Day and put those bottles to use!
What you need:
- Dish Soap
- White Vinegar
- Remove the dropper and caps from the bottles
- Soak in soapy water overnight
- Remove the labels while the bottles are submerged the following day. They should easily rub off
- If residue remains, use a cloth dipped in water and vinegar to clean the residual glue off
- Rinse the bottles and set out to dry
Use empty glass bottles for essential oil blends, homemade serums and beauty products, flower vases, making stock bottles of pre-diluted oils for topical use, as travel containers, medicine bottles, and more!