Imagine transforming your home into a sanctuary of serenity with just a few drops of Edens Garden's Spike Lavender essential oil. Harvested from the picturesque fields of France, this oil's aromatic profile is a blend of invigorating camphor and delicate florals, an invitation to breathe in wellness and exhale stress. Dubbed the essence of day spa tranquility, its soothing scent carries the power to reassure you that, indeed, everything will be alright.
Spike Lavender is not only a feast for your senses but also a botanical ally, boasting antibacterial and antiseptic properties that make it a natural choice for maintaining a clean and healthy environment. The lilac-hued blossoms of the evergreen lavender plant are steam distilled to capture the oil's vibrant essence, ideal for regular use. Whether diffused, blended with Geranium or Rose for a personalized aroma, or added to homemade cleaning solutions, Spike Lavender is as versatile as it is effective.
Embrace the simple pleasures of DIY aromatherapy by incorporating Spike Lavender into your daily rituals. Add it to unscented body wash for an invigorating morning shower, or craft a homemade linen spray to envelop your bedding in freshness each night. As each drop infuses your space with its exquisite fragrance, let Edens Garden's Spike Lavender essential oil become a staple in your journey to well-being. Discover the refreshing, miraculous touch of nature with Spike Lavender and let it guide you to a more peaceful, balanced lifestyle.
Not sure which Lavender is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
Botanical Name: Lavandula latifolia
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Flowers
Blends Well With: Geranium, and other florals
Aroma: Flowery, sweet, refreshingly camphorous, and slightly-herbaceous
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Do not use if you have a seizure disorder.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Adult Max Dilution: 19%
Shelf Life: 4 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Spike Lavender, known as Lavendula latifolia, is a cousin of the plant Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) and in the same Genus. It has a more energizing and camphor-like aroma than Lavender and grows naturally in Spain - usually at low altitudes compared to its cousin. It has a similar appearance to Lavender but flowers later in the season. Its flowers and leaves are steam distilled from the plant and it is known as a middle note.
- Lavender and Spike Lavender are 2 different essential oils from plant cousins. Lavender is known by its Latin name Lavandula angustifolia. Spike Lavender on the other hand goes by Lavendula latifolia. Spike Lavender has a sharper aroma and has stronger abilities in blends for pain and aches as well as in blends for respiratory support and clearing congestion which is due to its content of 1,8 cineole and camphor. However, it has a comparable content of Linalool to Lavender and this can be used in blends to reduce stress and headaches as well as relieve inflammation.
- Due to the fact that essential oils are flammable, we do not recommend adding them to dryer balls. However, if you use unscented laundry soap, feel free to add a few drops to each wash cycle. The aromatics of Spike Lavender will be present once your load is finished. It will also have the added benefit of clearing the washing machine of any microbes or bacteria that lurks in dark corners.
- The aroma of Spike Lavender naturally improves focus. It can bring on an energetic but relaxed confidence. But it has many more therapeutic uses. Related to Lavender, it can be added to blend as a natural bug repellent. For the body it helps to reduce inflammation, itchiness, is superb for its antiseptic and antibacterial qualities and to top that off is useful in skincare blends to calm skin, reduce scars, ease itchy irritation and bug bites as well as burns - both from the sun and from cooking.
- Spike Lavender has 5 main components which include a-pinene, b-pinene, linalool, 1,8 cineole and camphor. To stick with the floral element, Lavender essential oil or Lavandin essential oil can both can be substitutes but if you would like an essential oil with similar camphor and cineole qualities, try using Black Spruce or Englemann Spruce.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
LINIMENT: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 8 drops of Lavender (Spike), 5 drops of Helichrysum, 2 drops of Peppermint and 5 drops of Copaiba, then fill with Jojoba oil and shake to mix well. Apply enough of this mixture to cover the affected area and massage into the skin. (1.7% dilution)
PROBLEM SKIN: Add to a 2 ounce bottle: 4 drops of Lavender (Spike), 1 drop of Geranium Seed, 4 drops of Frankincense (Frereana) and 3 drops of Orange, then fill with distilled water and Polysorbate 20 (manufacturer's recommended amount). Shake well before applying a couple of drops to a water-damp cotton ball and wiping oily areas around the nose, chin and forehead. Add a teaspoon of this blend to a small basin of water and soak a face cloth for larger areas. Relax and keep your eyes closed, as you apply the cloth to your entire face for a refreshing mask! Shelf life: 1 week. (1% dilution)
SHAMPOO: Add to 1 tablespoon of your shampoo: 1 drop of Lavender (Spike) and 2 drops of Rosemary. Massage well into the scalp, rinsing well, before adding conditioner.
More from the blog: