Breathe in the sweetness of a fresher space with Edens Garden's Clementine essential oil. This citrusy-sweet gem is not just a powerful tool for restoring freshness to your surroundings, but it's also a mood booster that can uplift your spirits and reenergize your emotions.
Hailing from Italy, Clementine essential oil is cold pressed from the peel of this beloved fruit. Known for being sweeter, juicier, and less acidic than oranges, clementines yield a bright yellow oil that's as uplifting as a ray of sunshine. The creation of the clementine itself is a tale of happy accidents, with the first fruits discovered by Brother Clément Rodier in his Algerian orphanage's garden, giving the fruit its name in French and English.
So, how can you make Clementine essential oil a part of your everyday wellness routine? It's simple! Add a few drops to your diffuser to fill your space with its invigorating aroma, use it in your DIY cleaning solutions for a refreshing twist, or blend it with a carrier oil for a zesty massage. Just remember to do a patch test before topical use. Once you've experienced the citrusy charm of Clementine essential oil, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!
Not sure which Orange is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
Botanical Name: Citrus clementina
Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Peel
Blends Well With: Lemon, Cinnamon, and other citrus and spices
Aroma: Citrusy, sweet, and tangy-green
Color: Bright Yellow
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Clementine essential oil has a number of useful tasks. In blends for quesiness and nervous butterflies, Clementine can help to release and quell nervous tension and help you feel less anxious. It is filled with antiinflammatory properties and noted for its antioxidants. For emotional health, it is uplifting and brings on positive emotions. As with Lemon and other citrus oils, Clementine is wonderful immune booster to add to a diffuser when you are just feeling sick or need a boost to recover from an ailment. It can also energize the spirit and mind, uplifting mood and gives you an invigorated sense so that you can be ready to take on the day. Clementine makes a great addition to any DIY household cleaners to help purify air and surfaces.
- Clementine essential oil is derived from the peel of Clementine fruit through a process called cold pressing. A cold press works by pricking the citrus rinds, causing the essential oil to be released. The oil and juice then drip down into a container and are separated in a centrifuge. While it may not be possible to make Clementine essential oil at home, you can make aromatic hydrosol water that contains many of the same therapeutic benefits as essential oil. Click here for instructions on how to make your own hydrosol.
- Certain essential oils contain natural components known as furanocoumarins. This is more common in citrus essential oils but does occur in other oils as well such as Angelica Root. Furanocoumarins cause essential oils to be phototoxic, meaning the oil can cause burns and skin irritation if sun and UV light exposure occur. Not all citrus essential oils are phototoxic, however, including Clementine. Therefore, this oil can safely be worn in the sun so long as it’s properly diluted.
- We dont necessarily recommend that Clementine or any other essential oils be added to a burning candle. This is due to the fact that essential oils are flammable especially when not preblended into the wax at the tiem of manufacture. You can however learn to make your own candles with essential oils blended in. The process of making candles is a great crafting experience.
- As with most citrus oils and top note oils, the shelf life is about 2 years. As with all essential oils, Clementine is easily effected by light and oxygen so its best to keep the bottle closed when not in use and stored in a cool and dark location such as a refrigerator to extend its life. If oxidized, it may be skin sensitizing and at that point it is not recommended for topical use - after its expiration date, its best to use this oil in DIY cleaning products.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
HAPPY TUMMY: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 10 drops of Clementine, 4 drops of Ginger, 3 drops of Peppermint and 3 drops of Basil, then fill with Sweet Almond oil and shake to mix well. Apply a teaspoon over the belly and massage. (1.7% dilution)
INHALE: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 4 drops of Clementine, 3 drops of Tea Tree and 3 drops of Eucalyptus. Or add Clementine to your Thera Lux Nebulizing Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
LINEN SPRAY: Add to a 4 ounce spray bottle the following: 5 drops of Clementine, 5 drops of Cedarwood (Atlas), 2 drops of Vetiver and 8 drops of Sandalwood, along with 2 ounces of Lavender hydrosol and 2 ounces of Ylang Ylang hydrosol. Shake well before misting over sheets and bedding to encourage a relaxing sleep. Shelf life: 1 week
UNWIND: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Clementine, 5 drops of Bergamot and 5 drops of Ylang Ylang. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your Scent Ball Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
TEEN SKIN: Add to a 2 ounce bottle: 4 drops of Clementine, 1 drop of Tea Tree, 2 drops of Frankincense and 3 drops of Lavender (French) then fill with witch hazel and Polysorbate 20 (manufacturer's recommended amount). Shake well to combine before putting a couple of drops onto a water-damp cotton swab and applying directly to problem areas. (.8% dilution)
More from the blog: