Add a little extra shimmer to your hair and skin by using Fenugreek oil. Upon initial application, Fenugreek can feel somewhat greasy before it is fully absorbed into the skin. It's natural components spur skin and hair health.
Packed with anti-inflammatory properties, Fenugreek can help reduce puffiness and block free radicals. It's also a top choice for those suffering from acne and pimples.
Carrier oils are 4 oz and come with a pump.
Botanical Name: Trigonella foenum-graecum
Method: Cold Pressed
Aroma: Warm, Woody and Maple-like
Consistency: Typical and characteristic of carrier oils
Absorption: Fenugreek is absorbed easily, leaving a slightly oily look
Citations:1) Parker, S. (2017). Fenugreek Seed Fixed Oil | Susan M Parker.
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 1 Year
- First, it should be noted that Fenugreek oil and Fenugreek oil are two different products. Fenugreek oil is made by cold pressing the seeds to extract the seed oil. The cold pressed machine method is a process where the final product contains only the extracted oil from the seeds. Fenugreek-infused oil, on the other hand, is made by macerating the seeds in a carrier oil infusion. This oil can be easily made at home using an old folk method of soaking the seeds in a clean glass mason jar with a neutral oil such as Jojoba oil in the sun for 4-6 weeks. You must shake the jar every day, then after the stated period of time, strain the seeds from the oil for the final infused (macerated) Fenugreek oil.
- Like many other plant oils filled with linoleic acid and other essential fatty acids, Fenugreek oil is a source of iron and protein and vitamin E which are nutrients that help stimulate new hair growth and help add volume to those with hair loss. This is thought to happen because of the anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties of the seeds. To use this product for hair loss, massage a small amount into the fingertips and massage evenly to the entire scalp. Let the oil sit on the scalp for a few hours to overnight and rinse out the next day. Repeat for a few weeks until you see improvement in hair growth.
- Trigonella foenum-graecum, aka Fenugreek oil, has been touted with health benefits as a remedy for skin irritations and hair growth stimulation with those that suffer from hair loss. Its anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties are thought to help improve hair volume and luster as well as help reduce dandruff and other scalp issues.
- We do not recommend ingesting Fenugreek oil as it may result in breathing problems and may interfere with and cause side effects with prescription drugs. If you want to ingest this oil we advise speaking with your doctor first. However, we do recommend using it topically on skin and scalp for its potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antifungal and digestive aid abilities.
- According to Memorial Sloan Kettering, lab studies have shown that hormone-sensitive cancers “show that fenugreek acts as an estrogenic receptor modulator and may increase the growth of breast cancer cells.” However, in cases of breast milk production, Fenugreek is thought to boost the production of breast milk. The reasoning for this is that the mammary glands are a type of modified sweat gland that is stimulated by hormones.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. Alternatively, use Carrier Oils alone as a natural moisturizer. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
1 10ml Roller Bottle
5ml Fenugreek Oil
5ml Sunflower Oil
3 drops German Chamomile Essential Oil
3 drops Geranium Essential Oil
4 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
Add the essential oils to the roller bottle, top with the carrier, and then cap. Turn back and forth gently to mix well. Let the soothing combination of the essential oils and carriers assist you in spot treating areas that need a little extra TLC. This roll-on blend is perfect to keep in your purse or pocket for on-the-go outdoors care!
More from the blog:
- Essential Oil Makeup Brush Cleanser DIY
- DIY Concealer Color Corrector With Essential Oils
- DIY Father's Day Beard & Cleansing Balm
From the blog: