Essential Oil Makeup Brush Cleanser DIY
Taking care of your makeup brushes is essential to maintaining healthy skin. Dirty makeup brushes can contain bacteria which leads to clogged pores, breakouts and skin irritation.
Unfortunately, many of the OTC makeup brush cleaners are loaded with icky chemicals that can have harmful effects. To help you cleanse your brushes naturally, our on-staff aromatherapists created this Makeup Brush Cleaner DIY. Use the power of Tea Tree, Grapefruit and Manuka essential oils to keep your brushes fresh.
What You Need:
2 tbsp Fenugreek carrier oil
2 tbsp castile soap
6 drops of Tea Tree essential oil
5 drops Grapefruit essential oil
2 drops Manuka essential oil
- Combine carrier oil and soap into a small bowl.
- Add essential oils.
- To clean your makeup brush, dip the soft end into the mixture.
- Rinse brush under warm water until water runs clean.
- Use the washcloth to gently remove excess water from the brush.
- Place makeup brush on a clean, dry towel overnight or until completely dry.