Free shipping on all orders in the US!
To quote Shakespeare, “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” The words might be especially true of Rose Geranium oil's gorgeously complex floral aroma.
This unique variety of Geranium is distilled from the leaves of the Pelargonium roseum plant. Rose Geranium essential oil is often used in aromatherapy to encourage serenity and a balanced emotional state due to its wonderful aroma. In addition to being used as a tonic to help promote reproductive health, Rose Geranium essential oil is effective in skincare. Rose Geranium oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help calm skin inflammation and irritation.
*We do not recommend using essential oils on pets, unless under the care of a veterinarian or aromatherapist.
Botanical Name: Pelargonium roseum
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Blends Well With: Myrrh, and other resins; Neroli, and other citrus
Aroma: Sweet, floral, fruity, and earthy
Color: Clear – Pale Yellow
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Adult Max Dilution: 17.5%
Shelf Life: 2-3 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are several ways to effectively use Rose Geranium essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.) Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of Castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Geranium and Rose Geranium both are derived from plants in the “geranium” family. They are from different varieties of the same plant and carry almost the same properties. Many people prefer the fragrance of Rose Geranium over Geranium. They are technically not true Geraniums since they are not found in the Genus Geranium. Latin names can help you decipher which oil comes from which plant. Geranium and Rose Geranium both are given the Latin binomial Pelargonium graveolens.
- If choosing to use Rose Geranium essential oil around your dog, it’s important to look out for warning signs such as behavioral differences, such as whining, scratching or acting loopy. Stop using essential oils around your dog if you notice these signs, and don’t use essential oils around small dogs, puppies and pregnant dogs. We don’t recommend applying essential oils to your pup or administering oils orally without consulting a holistic veterinarian. You may diffuse small amounts of oil around your dog, but be sure to do so in a well-ventilated room where your dog can leave if desired.
- There are a number of essential oils that blend well with Rose Geranium which can be quite versatile in its pairings. Citrus, florals, herbals and even spices can be combined well. Test out the aroma from blending one at a time with some of these oils: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mandarin and Neroli, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Juniper Berry, Cypress, Cinnamon and Clove Bud essential oils.
- Rose Geranium has a number of beneficial actions. It has been found to have properties that reduce pain, acts as an antibacterial, fights fungus and some viruses, has anti-inflammatory and astringent properties for skin issues. Its known for its antioxidant actions, antispasmodic for muscle pain and best of all is an anti-depressant and is calming and relaxing to the heart and mind. It also may be estrogenic and emmenogogic (has an effect on the menstrual system) but research needs to clarify this more.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in the scent of Rose Geranium oil using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
INHALER/DIFFUSER: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Rose Geranium, 5 drops of Rosemary and 5 drops of Niaouli. Or add this essential oil blend to your Thera Lux Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
INDULGE BLEND: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Rose Geranium, 2 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Lemon. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your Scent Ball diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
RELAXING BATH: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 7 drops of Rose Geranium, 10 drops of Lavender and 3 drops of Ylang Ylang, then fill with Jojoba oil. Shake well to blend and add 1-2 teaspoons to a full tub. Relax and enjoy. (1.7% dilution)
TOENAIL CREAM: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 6 drops of Rose Geranium, 15 drops of Tea Tree and 4 drops of Clove with 2 ounces lotion. Apply on the affected area 2-3 times daily or as needed. (2.1% dilution)
BATH SALTS: Combine: 3 drops of Rose Geranium, 3 drops of Lavender essential oil, 1 drop of Rose with 1 tablespoon of Jojoba oil and 1/2 cup of Epsom salts. Stir together and add to a full bath for a relaxing soak.
BODY LOTION: Add to a 4 ounce bottle with lotion pump: 15 drops of Rose Geranium, 10 drops of Rose, 10 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Patchouli; fill with unscented body lotion. Shake to mix well. Use as desired, after bath or shower. (1.7% dilution)
More from the blog: