DIY Dry Shampoo With Essential Oils
You may have heard the recent news that washing your hair daily is not a bad thing. Woohoo! But where does that leave you when you don’t have access to water and shampoo? Say a waterline breaks, or your schedule simply doesn't allow for for a shower. Enter handy dandy dry shampoo.
Dry shampoos help to reduce the look of oily, unwashed hair while also keeping hair looking clean and fresh. Adding antibacterial essential oils that help with hair growth and maintenance such as Rosemary Spanish, Rose Geranium essential oil and Tangerine are helpful additions to dry shampoos as well. This easy-to-make item is sure to save the day.
What You Need
2 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Magnesium Carbonate
2 tbsp Flour
1 tsp Grapeseed
1 drop Rosemary Spanish
1 drop Rose Geranium
1 drop Tangerine
- Dilute essential oils in Grapeseed and put aside.
- In a bowl, stir together cornstarch, magnesium carbonate and flour.
- Using a pipette, drop the diluted essential oils throughout the dry ingredients. Stir together.
- Transfer to a shaker bottle- you may need a funnel to do so.
- To use, shake onto roots and brush through your hair. Enjoy!