Experience the invigorating zest of Edens Garden Pink Grapefruit essential oil. This citrus delight, with its unique bitter-sweet aroma, serves as an energizing reminder of life's joyous moments. Whether it's a peaceful morning coffee, landing your dream job, or embarking on an exotic adventure, Grapefruit Pink's uplifting properties inspire a healthy and active lifestyle.
Pink Grapefruit essential oil is more than just a mood booster. During a massage, when blended with a carrier oil, it stimulates the senses and beautifies the skin. Its cheerful essence instills a sense of balance, making it a wonderful addition to the spaces for seniors, children, and those in recovery. Embrace this friendly, enlivening oil for a burst of life and positivity.
Integrating Grapefruit Pink essential oil into your daily routine is as simple as it is rewarding. Add a few drops to your diffuser to fill your space with its uplifting aroma, or mix it with a carrier oil for a rejuvenating skin massage. For an extra boost of cheerfulness, try blending it with other citrus essential oils from Edens Garden. Remember, safety first - always dilute before topical application.
Unleash the power of positivity with Edens Garden Grapefruit Pink essential oil. Let its lively aroma and multiple benefits inspire your everyday life, one drop at a time. Your journey to a healthier and happier lifestyle begins here.
Botanical Name: Citrus paradisi
Origin: South Africa/ Mexico
Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Peel
Blends Well With: Lemon, and other citrus
Aroma: Citrusy, sweet, bright, and tart
Consistency: Thin - Medium
Color: Pale Orange
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying topically.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Adult Max Dilution: 4%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- As a topical treatment, some studies have been conducted with rats as the test subject and were promising in the face of weight loss and metabolism. However, further human studies are needed to verify that the findings are accurate. One small human study is promising and tested a massage oil that contained 3% blend of Grapefruit, Cypress and three other oils in Grapeseed oil. The subjects received a massage once a week with the blend and massaged themselves 2 times daily. It did show promising results with a decrease in abdominal fat but also a reduction in waist circumference but, since the massage oil contained 5 essential oils, it can't be pinned down exactly that Grapefruit works alone to decrease appetite and reduce fat. It is also possible that Grapefruit can reduce cravings and hunger and suppress and overactive appetite aiding weight management.
- Among the many benefits of Grapefruit, from uplifting mood, its cleansing properties and potentially reducing abdominal fat to providing stress relief as well as with skin care, Grapefruit seems to have many bases covered. To top it off, according to WebMD, in regard to your circulatory system, “Grapefruit essential oil helps everything from reducing blood pressure”. However, since Grapefruit has the ability to stimulate the body, some studies have shown that initially, it may raise diastolic blood pressure for a short period.
- Grapefruit, known by its Latin name, Citrus paradisi, is a lovely citrus oil with sharp, fresh aromatics. It blends incredibly well with other oils to improve mood and uplift the spirit. We love it blended into a carrier oil for massaging into the abdomen to aid the liver and potentially reduce abdominal fat. Used in a room diffuser, not only can it rid a space of unwanted odors, this oil can heighten spirit and bring on a sunshiny smile by reducing stress, tension and anxiety. One word of caution is that Grapefruit is a phototoxic oil and if used on the skin, it is wise to stay out of direct sunlight for 18 hours. To be safe and avoid phototoxicity, Grapefruit should be used at a maximum of 1% dilution in topical skin blends - that's 5-6 drops in 1 oz of carrier oil. Read more about using phototoxic oils in this blogpost.
- Animals, including dogs, metabolize essential oils differently than humans. Certain essential oils are not safe for use around dogs because they’ve been shown to produce negative side effects. If you decide to diffuse Lemongrass ensure proper ventilation and that your dog is free to leave the room if desired. That being said, puppies and dogs with health conditions may be too sensitive to essential oil exposure. We also do not recommend topical or oral application of essential oils unless advised by an animal aromatherapist. To understand a little more about safe oils for dogs, read this blogpost.
- Grapefruit has the ability to mingle with many other oils. As a top note, the oil mixes well with another citrus oil such as Lemon or Sweet Orange to enhance the citrus effect and with herbal oils like Basil, Peppermint, Rosemary for sharpening the mind and increasing focus. Try also blending it into a room spray with florals and other tree oils such as Lavender, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Cypress and Frankincense to calm moods and even out temperaments.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
HAPPY TUMMY: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 4 drops of Grapefruit, 3 drops of Lavender, 4 drops of Peppermint and 9 drops of Sweet Orange, then fill with Sweet Almond oil. Shake to mix well. Apply a teaspoon over the abdomen and massage. (1.7% dilution)
CHEERFUL: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Grapefruit, 5 drops of Lime and 5 drops of Lemon. Or add Grapefruit to your Thera Lux Nebulizing Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
INSPIRE: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Grapefruit, 5 drops of Rosemary and 5 drops of Peppermint. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your Scent Ball Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
BATH SALTS: Combine: 1 drop of Grapefruit, 1 drop of Geranium, 1 drop of Frankincense (Carterii) and 2 drops of Jasmine with 1 tablespoon of Jojoba oil and 1/2 cup of Epsom salts. Add to full bath and soak your troubles away.
RELEASE: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Grapefruit, 5 drops of Bergamot and 5 drops of Ylang Ylang. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your Car Diffuser and diffuse for a more relaxing drive.
SHAMPOO: Add to 1 tablespoon of your shampoo: 1 drop of Grapefruit and 2 drops of Rosemary. Massage into the scalp; rinse well before using conditioner. (1% dilution)
More from the blog: