Hemp, not to be confused with marijuana, is an annual herbaceous plant that has been cultivated for eons to capture its diverse uses and benefits. Hemp essential oil is not meant to be taken internally, but blended into carrier oils – perhaps with other essential oils – to produce a soothing blend for the skin, muscles and all types of massage. This essential oil is not intoxicating (those compounds are not bioavailable in distillation), but quite special nonetheless. Its major components consist of monoterpenes and some sesquiterpenes, typically found in many aromatic plants. Laboratory analysis shows that it shares chemistry with many commonly used essential oils such as citrus, pine and basil.
The stresses and strains of over-exertion, old age and simple wear-and-tear often respond favorably to the essential oil of this complex and often misunderstood botanical. It is also supportive of various mild skin conditions, imparting a lustrous glow and radiance when rubbed in gently (blended into a carrier oil). A stream of lotions, salves, balms and massage oils containing extracts of Hemp oil are gaining new fans worldwide as the time-honored benefits of this herbal oil spread.
**Edens Garden cannot be held responsible for conditions beyond our control such as customs or border restrictions for international shipments. While this product is legal in the United States of America, and contains no CBD or THC, we suggest researching the legality of the product in the country you are shipping to.
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Herb
Blends Well With: Lavender, citruses and mints
Aroma: Grassy, potent, earthy, green
Color: Clear- Pale Yellow
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2-4 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Yes, the leaves of the Hemp plant is steam distilled to make the essential oil. This is not to be confused with its sister plant with the same latin name, Cannibis sativa the marijuana plant which contains the property THC. The Hemp plant used to make the essential oil is a variety of Cannibis sativa and carries a pale green hue. Its major components consist of monoterpenes and some sesquiterpenes, typically found in many aromatic plants. The seeds from the plant are also used to make a skin healing carrier oil.
- There are several ways to effectively use Hemp essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.) Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of Castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt for added magnesium absorption. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Hemp essential oil is a popular remedy used for a range of conditions including pain, skin issues and inflammation or for stress and anxiety. It can be used to blend with a carrier oil to make a soothing blend for the skin and pain relief blend for muscles. Use the massage oil blend to massage into sore muscles and joints after overexertion or blended with Rosehip Seed oil or other carrier oil it can help the skin glow and reduce irritation that show redness and inflammation.
- To understand what Hemp essential oil can do for pain relief, let's look at its main components. The properties found in Hemp essential oil include Myrcene, b-Carophyllene, Terpinolene, Limonene, a-Humulene and a-Pinene. Each of these components have different properties including but not limited to anti-inflammatory and analgesics to reduce muscle and join pain, sedatives to calm the central nervous system and relieve anxiety and sleep issues, antioxidants to reduce free radicals, and antiviral, and antifungal abilities to fend off microbes.
- Hemp essential oil does not contain any CBD but it does help in all of the same ways due to other properties found in the plant such as with stress, anxiety, inflammatory skin issues, sleep, insomnia, muscular and joint pain. Also, due to the plant's natural ability to fight off some microbes and fungi to protect itself, the essential oil is found to have some antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
FACIAL OIL: Combine 2 drops Hemp essential oil, 3 drops Lavender French, 1 drop Frankincense Sacra in 1 oz Hemp Seed carrier oil. Apply as a moisturizer after washing the face. Avoid eyes.
FACE MASK: In a blender, combine 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup Hemp Seed carrier oil, 2 tsp spirulina, 4 drops Hemp essential oil and 4 drops Patchouli. Smooth over face, avoiding the eyes, and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
SALVE: In a double boiler, melt 1 Tbsp beeswax. Combine with 1 oz Guava Seed carrier oil, 10 drops Hemp essential oil, 6 drops Helichrysum italicum and 2 drops German Chamomile. Pour into a 3 oz tin and let cool. Scoop out and apply to areas of concern.
More from the blog: