Discover the invigorating splendor of Edens Garden's Lavandin essential oil, a botanical treasure that brings together the best of both worlds with its vibrant lavender bouquet and garden-fresh charm. Lavandin isn't just any lavender—it's a unique hybrid that combines the sweet calm of True Lavender with the brisk clarity of Spike Lavender, offering an aromatherapeutic experience that's as sharp as it is soothing. Ideal for handcrafted soaps, natural salves, and mood-boosting body oils, this essential oil infuses your daily regimen with notes of floral sophistication and earthy freshness.
As a staple in affordable luxury, Lavandin provides the enchanting allure of traditional lavenders without the premium price tag, making wellness accessible to everyone. It’s a favorite among DIY enthusiasts for its versatility and bountiful yield; the larger flower stalks of Lavandin mean more oil to go around! Whether you’re crafting your own line of skincare or simply seeking a splash of tranquility in your home, the camphorous nuances of Lavandin elevate your creations and your surroundings with their less-sweet, distinctively crisp fragrance.
Integrating Lavandin essential oil into your lifestyle couldn't be more straightforward. For a serene escape after a long day, add a few drops to your diffuser and let the room fill with its purifying aroma. Or blend it with a carrier oil for a rejuvenating massage that releases tension and nourishes the skin. Remember, a little goes a long way, ensuring that each bottle is an investment in countless moments of bliss. Revive your spirit, enliven your senses, and nurture your well-being with Edens Garden's Lavandin essential oil—the essence of nature's generosity at your fingertips.
Are you ready to transform your everyday into a haven of herbal delight? Embrace the simplicity and potency of Lavandin essential oil. Take the first step towards a more serene and aromatic life with Edens Garden today.
Botanical Name: Lavandula x intermedia
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Flowering Tops
Note: Middle - Top
Blends Well With: Rosemary, Pine, Clary Sage and other herbs
Aroma: Floral, slightly sweet, with a powdery Lavender aroma
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 3-5 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are several ways to effectively use Lavandin essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.) Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of Castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt for added magnesium absorption. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Lavender oil is often employed for its anti-inflammatory, headache-relieving, immune-supporting and skin-healing properties. With a fresh and powdery aroma that highlights sweet, woody, herbaceous and floral notes, the luscious scent of Lavender is well-known and frequently sought in perfumery. Lavender’s less expensive cousin Lavandin often gets overlooked. With high amounts of linalool and linalyl acetate, Lavandin helps heal skin, offer relaxation, induce sleep and soothe aches and pain including toothache. Its aroma is sweet, floral and true to Lavender. It can also be used interchangeably with Lavender in bug repellent blends.
- Lavandin is a wonderful addition to hair care. It helps balance oily scalp, reduces scalp irritation and boosts hair nourishment. A few beneficial ways to use Lavandin for hair include 1.) Add 12 drops Lavandin per ounce of unscented shampoo. Wash hair thoroughly and be sure to massage the uplifting shampoo into your scalp before rinsing. 2.) Make a pre-wash hair oil serum with 6 drops Lavandin, 3 drops Peppermint, 3 drops Rosemary Moroccan and 1 ounce Argan oil. Massage the oil into your scalp and wait at least 30 minutes before washing it out. 3.) Add Lavandin essential oil to our DIY hair scrub recipe.
- In perfumery, scents have ‘notes.’ A scent can be a top, middle or base note. Lavandin is considered a middle note. Each aroma note reacts differently based on its volatility. Top notes tend to be the most volatile, meaning they don’t last that long after they’ve been exposed to air. However, top notes are generally the strongest aroma when you first smell a scent. On the other hand, base notes are the least volatile, meaning they last much longer and are not the strongest aroma when you first experience a scent but they grow stronger after being exposed to air.
- Lavandin essential oil, Lavandula x intermedia, is an excellent alternative to Lavender essential oil. It’s slightly more affordable, has a slightly sharper aroma and contains the same linalool and linalyl acetate as Lavandula angustifolia that relaxes and calms the mind, works well in facial blends to firm skin and also in blends for sleep. It is a cousin of Lavender and has a very similar aromatic and similar properties as Lavender essential oil. Lavandin can also be added to soften blends when suffering from colds and cough.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
REED DIFFUSER: Take a glass vase, any size, and decorate it using paint, ribbon or other embellishments. Combine 1 cup Jojoba oil with 100 drops Lavandin (or 5 ml). Fill the vase halfway with the mixture and add in rattan reeds. Enjoy creative and natural diffusion.
BATH SALT: Combine ½ cup Pomegranate Seed carrier oil, 12 drops Lavandin, 6 drops Eucalyptus Smithii and 6 drops Neroli. Stir into 1 cup of pink Himalayan salt and transfer to a jar for storage. Use a spoon to scoop into bath. Avoid getting product wet to prevent contamination.
SKIN: For skin issues such as bruising, scarring or stretch marks, apply a mixture of 1 tsp of Evening Primrose or Rosehip and 3 drops Lavandin. Use daily, 1-2 times a day.
More from the blog: