Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Imagine waking up on a cool morning to the smell of fresh pancakes or french toast. Those tiny pleasures can be fleeting when we start counting our to-dos, but with Sweet Orange, you may be able to hold on to those simple moments a little longer.
Possessing a citrusy and tart aroma, Sweet Orange essential oil uplifts your emotions while sweeping away stress. Often used in aromatherapy, Sweet Orange oil stirs up both calming and joyful sensations because of its antidepressant and stimulating properties. This citrus fruit can also work as a secret weapon in the kitchen against stubborn grease stains.
There are numerous cultivated varieties of Sweet Orange such as Jaffa, Navel and Valencia. The small evergreen Sweet Orange tree is less hardy than the bitter variety and has fewer spines. To extract the essential oil, the peel Orange peels are put through a cold-pressed process and bottled for your delight.
Not sure which Orange citrus oil is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
**Euro droppers are not included with 4 oz bottles**
Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis
Method: Cold Pressed
Plant Part: Peel
Blends Well With: Vetiver, and other deep aromas; Cinnamon, and other spices
Aroma: Sweet, citrusy, tart, and fruity
Color: Bright Yellow
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 1-2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are a number of applications viable for Sweet Orange essential oil. For the skin, it is soothing and has astringent qualities. It calmly energizes, improves circulation, especially in regard to stagnant energy, uplifts mood, calms tension and anxiety and reduces feelings of being overwhelmed. It is excellent in topical blends for digestive support reducing sensations of nausea and vomiting as well as aids constipation, reduces gas and quells soft tissue spasms. If that weren't enough, it's also noted for aiding pain relief and inflammatory conditions.
- Sweet Orange is a very gentle oil and has shown strength in a number of areas including as an antidepressant, sedative and anti-anxiety qualities. Feel free to diffuse Sweet Orange but by all means, ensure proper ventilation and that your dog is free to leave the room if desired. That being said, puppies and dogs with health conditions may be too sensitive to essential oil exposure. We also don’t recommend topical or oral application of essential oils, unless advised by an animal aromatherapist. To understand a little more about safe oils for dogs, read this blog post.
- Edens Garden does not recommend ingesting essential oils but instead use them topically, with a diffuser or steam inhaled. If you desire to ingest the oils we suggest using them only under the supervision of a certified aromatherapist and/or physician. Sweet Orange has shown benefits with calming the digestive tract and so if you do choose to ingest essential oils, the safest way recommended by trained aromatherapists is by creating a capsule by combining 1 drop of essential oil and topping the veggie capsule off with an edible carrier oil such as olive oil. Always take extreme caution when ingesting essential oils since essential oils are extremely concentrated and can cause burns on the esophagus and ulcerative conditions in the digestive tract.
- Orange- Sweet essential oil has antioxidant, antiseptic and astringent properties leading it to be excellent for toning the skin and can help to prevent bacteria from creating acne prone conditions from spreading. It is excellent for all skin types: oily, dry and combination. It also helps to unblock stagnant energy, lifts mood and calmly energizes.
- Sweet Orange essential oil is not phototoxic even though it is cold pressed. This is due to its lack of fourocoumarins found in other oils such as Bergamot, Grapefruit and Lemon. Many other citrus essential oils are phototoxic because they are cold pressed from the rinds of the fruit. To understand more about phototoxic essential oils, read this blog post. Also it is worth noting that since Citrus plants are heavily sprayed with pesticides, it is worth purchasing organic Citrus essential oils.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically especially on sensitive skin.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite pure essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
CHEERFUL: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 7 drops of Sweet Orange, 5 drops of Bergamot and 3 drops of Ylang Ylang. Or add Sweet Orange to your Ultrasonic Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
RELAXING BATH: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 10 drops of Sweet Orange, 5 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Clary Sage then fill with Jojoba oil. Shake well to blend and add 1-2 teaspoons to a full tub. Relax and enjoy. (1.7% dilution)
BODY LOTION: Add to a 4 ounce bottle with lotion pump: 20 drops of Sweet Orange, 5 drops of Rose Geranium, 10 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Patchouli then fill with unscented body lotion. Shake to mix well. Use as desired, after bath or shower. (1.7% dilution)
BODY BUTTER: Melt one ounce each of cocoa butter and Jojoba oil over low heat. Add: 8 drops of Sweet Orange, 5 drops of Blood Orange, 2 drops of Nutmeg and 5 drops Vanilla Oleoresin. Blend together; it will thicken as it cools. Apply to dry skin or cracked feet. (1.7% dilution)
TUMMY BLEND: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle 9 drops of Sweet Orange, 3 drops of Ginger, 8 drops of Peppermint, 4 drops of Bergamot and 4 tablespoons of Sweet Almond oil. Shake to mix well. Apply a teaspoon over the abdomen and massage. (2% dilution)
LINEN SPRAY: Add to a 4 ounce spray bottle: 8 drops of Sweet Orange, 5 drops of Lemon Myrtle and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang along with to 2 ounces of Lavender hydrosol and 2 ounces of Ylang Ylang hydrosol. Shake well before misting over sheets and bedding to encourage a restful night’s sleep.
More from the blog: