Inhaling in a deep natural breath has so many amazing benefits. It releases stress and tension while spreading oxygen throughout our bodies. But what if your sinuses are clogged or your energy has been zapped away? Turn to the clean and penetrating aroma of Ravintsara.
Ravintsara can support the circulatory system and enhance the immune system. Ravintsara is very distinct from Ravensara essential oil. The two have unique aromas and work differently in most uses.
First carried of the United States in the early 19th Century, Ravintsara grows in the Southern regions -- especially Florida. A magnificent evergreen tree, Ravintsara produces waxy leaves that have a camphorous aroma when bruised. During the springtime, the tree sprouts pretty white flowers. The leaves are put through a steam distillation process to extract the essential oil. Edens Garden’s Ravintsara includes Camphor as its main constituent.
Botanical Name: Cinnamomum camphora
Chemotype / Variety: Cineole
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Synonym: Ho Leaf (cineole chemotype)
Blends Well With: Geranium, and other florals
Aroma: Medicinal, fresh, sharp, and Eucalyptus-like
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Do not apply to or near the face of infants or children.
Adult Max Dilution: 11%
Shelf Life: 2-3 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Ravintsara essential oil (Cinnamomum camphora) is similar to a well-known aromatherapy oil – Eucalyptus. Diffused it promotes deep breathing, clear sinuses and better immunity. Generally, Ravintsara encourages everyday wellness and stress-relief. Diluted and applied topically, it can reduce pain and muscle recovery while acting as a decongestant. Like Eucalyptus and other respiratory-supportive oils, Ravintsara is also anti-allergic.
- Edens Garden offers the highest quality Ravintsara essential oil available. It has been GC/MS tested and analyzed by third-party essential oil chemists, industry experts and our in-house team of aromatherapists for purity and quality. From there, it’s been further tested by way of refractive index, specific gravity and organoleptic examination so you can rest assured you’re getting the very best in every bottle. While some might hike up prices for quality oil, we’ve chosen to price our oils affordably by cutting out the middleman, selling solely online rather than brick-and-mortar stores and offering wholesale pricing to everyone across the board. In other words, we’re putting an end to the idea that essential oils must be expensive in order to be 100% pure and high quality.
- Ravintsara essential oil is a great, healing respiratory support. Breathe better with Ravintsara by following this guide. 1.) Add 10 drops per 100 ml of water in an essential oil diffuser. 2.) Steam by adding 2 drops of Ravintsara to a bowl of simmering water. Place the bowl on a table, sit in front of the table and closing your eyes, cover your head and the bowl with a towel to lock in steam. Inhale for 5 minutes or as long as you can stand it. 3.) Add 10 drops of Ravintsara to an Essential Oil Inhaler. Take it with you and inhale as needed.
- Throughout history, Ravintsara has been used to alleviate the effects of sleeplessness and insomnia. To use Ravintsara essential oil for sleep 1.) Diffuse 10 drops Ravintsara in 100 ml of water in an essential oil diffuser for 30 minutes before bed. 2.) Combine 6 drops Ravintsara, 1 oz carrier oil and 1 oz Epsom salt for added magnesium absorption. Add your mixture to a warm bath before bed. 3.) Dilute 12 drops Ravintsara in 1 oz of Fractionated Coconut oil. Apply the mixture to your wrists, feet and neck.
- There are several ways to effectively use Ravintsara essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use in a skin-nourishing massage. 3.)Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of Castille soap and 1 cup of Epsom salt for added magnesium absorption. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
SPORTS MASSAGE: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 8 drops of Ravintsara, 2 drops of Lavender, 5 drops of Chamomile (Roman) and 5 drops of Rosemary, then fill with Jojoba oil and shake to mix well. Massage into sore muscles. (1.7% dilution)
INHALATION: Add the following to an amber glass bottle: 15 drops of Ravintsara, 20 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata, 15 drops of Tea Tree and 10 drops of Orange. Shake to mix well. Fill a bowl with steamy water; add to the bowl 2 drops of the essential oil mixture, covering your head and bowl with a towel to keep the steam in. Inhale through your nose, with eyes closed. Breathe in the vapors for several minutes, or as desired.
INHALER/DIFFUSER: Add to a personal inhaler and inhale as needed: 5 drops of Ravintsara, 5 drops of Eucalyptus (Radiata) and 5 drops of Niaouli. Or add 5-6 drops of this blend to your Scent Ball Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
CLEANING SPRAY: Add to an 8 ounce spray bottle: 20 drops of Ravintsara, 40 drops of Lemon and 30 drops of Tea Tree, then fill with 2 oz grain alcohol and 6 oz distilled water. Shake well before each use.
More from the blog: