Free shipping on all orders in the US!
One of the most nourishing oils available, Rosehip Oil is a powerhouse for your skin. It boasts a fatty acid profile geared toward regenerative capabilities, packing its therapeutic properties in with significant amounts of alpha-linoleic and linoleic acids. It is a very soothing oil and appropriate for a variety of skin types, but it is especially useful in formulations for mature skin.
Rosehip Oil is a fantastic option for your more luxurious skin preparations. It will without a doubt add a rich, beneficial emollient to your skin care regime, leaving you with a soothing and softening feel long after its been applied.
Botanical Name: Rosa rubiginosa
Method: Cold Pressed
Aroma: Rosehip has a very mild earthy aroma
Consistency: Typical and characteristic of carrier oils
Color: Clear to deep golden
Absorption: Rosehip is quickly absorbed by the skin and does not leave an oily feel
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 6 Months
- Rosehip Seed oil contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory essential fatty acids such as linoleic, oleic, palmitic and stearic acids. Linoleic, also known as Vitamin F, can protect the barrier of the skin, provides skin renewal and has a whitening effect on hyperpigmented skin such as dark spots and scars. It also may support collagen production. Oleic acid meanwhile helps to calm, balance and repair damaged skin and is especially useful for those with eczema, rosacea and psoriasis. Palmitic and stearic acids act as emollients, softening the skin and helping it to retain moisture. Rosehip seed oil used as a face oil and scalp oil can aid dry skin conditions including dandruff.
- A comedogenic ingredient is a substance that has a high likelihood of clogging pores which can lead to acne, blemishes and blackheads. The comedogenic rating of Rosehip Seed oil is 1 out of 5 (5 being the most severe clogging). Conclusively, this means that Rosehip Seed oil will not clog most people's pores but for those whose skin is easily irritated due to sensitive skin or oily skin, it is recommended to patch test Rosehip Seed oil on the inner arm for 24 hours before using over a larger portion of the body. If redness, itchiness or irritation occurs, discontinue use.
- Rosehip seed oil is an anti-inflammatory and contains Vitamin A (same ingredient is in Retinol) and due to this Rosehip Seed oil is able to reduce swelling and irritations on the skin. Its essential fatty acid compound also has antimicrobial properties which can kill the bacteria that cause breakouts. We do not however recommend using Rosehip Seed oil and Retinol in unison.
- Since Rosehip seed oil and Retinol contain Vitamin A they both have similar actions as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and acne-reducing agents. We suggest that you consult a dermatologist before using Rosehip Oil and Retinol together. This is due to the fact that the oil and retinol may interfere with each other. Using the two together may cause adverse reactions topically, especially in those who have sensitive skin.
- Loaded with carotenoids (aka Vitamin A) and essential fatty acids, Rosehip Seed oil has shown an ability to prevent the severity of stretch marks during pregnancy. It is entirely safe to use during pregnancy for topical treatments for dry skin, and irritated scalps, helping the skin retain moisture as well as reduce redness and inflammation. We do not recommend ingesting Rosehip Seed oil.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. Alternatively, use Carrier Oils alone as a natural moisturizer. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
Soft Lips Roll-on Moisturizer
1 10ml Roller Bottle
4ml Rosehip Oil
2ml Sunflower Oil
2ml Jojoba Oil
2ml Pomegranate Seed Oil
Combine all of the fixed oils into the 10ml roller bottle, cap, and turn back and forth to blend. Take with you in your pocket or in your purse so you are able to make sure your lips are soft and moisturized wherever you go!
More from the blog: