Native to Madagascar, Saro is commonly employed to prevent sickness and aid the immune system due to its antiviral properties. Don’t let the name fool you. Saro’s fresh, vibrant aroma may stimulate the mind and boost creativity. Diffuse Saro in your living areas and watch as tension releases from the room.
The leaves of the plant are steam distilled to get this beautiful essential oil. Saro can be a nice compliment to a Tea Tree or Sandalwood blend. Add to a cleaning blend to improve sanitation.
Botanical Name: Cinnamosma fragrans
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Blends Well With: Ravintsara, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Frankincense, Plai
Aroma: Medicinal, energizing, Ravintsara-like, clean
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Do not apply to or near the face of infants or children.
Shelf Life: 2-3 years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are several ways to effectively use Saro essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use. 3.) Create a spray by combining 20 drops Saro and 1 tablespoon 190-proof grain alcohol in a glass spray bottle. After a few hours, add 3 tablespoons of distilled water. Spray onto surfaces and in the air to refresh your space.
- Saro essential oil (Cinnamosma fragrans) is an underdog in the aromatherapy world. Diffused, it supports immunity and the respiratory system. Additionally, Saro helps uplift, while boosting creativity and clarity. Diluted and applied topically, Saro soothes sore throat and inflammation. In different cultures, Saro has been used for its healing antiviral properties.
- Saro essential oil is often celebrated for its ability to improve respiratory circulation. The oil contains more than 50% of oxides (predominantly 1,8 cineole) which acts as an expectorant to aid coughs, congestion, and other respiratory ailments. It can also help reduce inflammation which can loosen mucus for clearer breathing. To use Saro for coughing, create a chest rub by combining 1 oz unsencted lotion and 12 drops Saro. Apply directly to the chest taking slow breaths.
- Saro oil is one of the most cherished and welcoming aromas. As such, it makes a beautiful personal aroma. Once you’ve diluted your Saro oil, we recommend applying it to your pulse points, such as the inner elbows, neck, behind the knees or wrists. The pulse points give off a gentle warmth which helps to diffuse aromas making it an excellent area of application naturally. This is also an optimal location for absorption and therapeutic action.
- Saro essential oil is a great, healing respiratory support. Breathe better with Saro by following this guide. 1.) Add 10 drops per 100 ml of water in an essential oil diffuser. 2.) Steam by adding 2 drops of Saro to a bowl of simmering water. Place the bowl on a table, sit in front of the table and closing your eyes, cover your head and the bowl with a towel to lock in steam. Inhale for 5 minutes or as long as you can stand it. 3.) Add 10 drops of Saro to an Essential Oil Inhaler. Take it with you and inhale as needed.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
SANITIZE: Combine 1 oz aloe vera gel with 5 drops Saro, 5 drops Lavender Greek and 5 drops Cedarwood Himalayan. Store in a pre-sanitized 1 oz PET plastic squeeze bottle and apply to hands. The shelf life of this recipe is 1-2 weeks with proper storage conditions.
INHALATION: In an amber glass stock bottle, add: 40 drops Saro, 30 drops Mandarin, 25 drops Rosemary Moroccan and 25 drops Lemon. Diffuse in the Thera Lux diffuser.
CHEST RUB: Add 10 drops of Saro to 1 oz of unscented lotion and rub on your chest and throat.
POLLEN BUSTER: In a personal inhaler, add 5 drops Saro, 5 drops Roman Chamomile and 5 drops Plai. Inhale throughout the day.
More from the blog: