DIY Essential Oil Lotion Bars
From shampoo bars and shower jellies to deodorant powders and toothpaste tabs, it seems common toiletries are becoming a thing of the past. We decided to see what all the buzz was about, and make our own DIY Essential Oil Lotion Bars, and we’re so happy we did!
Lotion Bars are not only fun, but also incredibly easy to make, and with ingredients like Coconut Oil and Cocoa Butter, you’re sure to have soft, radiant skin with just a few uses. Lotion bars are solid at room temperature, and look like a bar of soap. To use, you just rub between your hands or onto your skin. The warmth of your hands or skin will help soften the bars to leave a light film of lotion behind. Whatever is left of the bar you can save for later.
What you’ll need:
1 C. Coconut Oil
1 ½ C. Beeswax
½ C. Shea or Cocoa Butter (optional)
5 drops of EOs
Dried flower petals, buds, cocoa powder (optional)
- Add Coconut Oil, Beeswax and butter to a pot, on medium heat.
- Stir well, until the Beeswax has melted.
- Add 5 drops of EOs of your choice.
- Place dried flower petals or cocoa powder in silicone molds, and pour in the lotion mixture.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, and remove the lotion bars from the molds.
- Rub the lotion bar in your hands to warm, and rub over dry skin.
Skin Nourishing Essential Oils blends:
Rose and Sandalwood
Lavender and German Chamomile
Jasmine and Patchouli
Keep in airtight jar or tin. Refrigerate for storage.