Has another night of tossing and turning led you to wonder, “Can essential oils help me overcome restlessness?” If so, you’ve come to the right place, as we ourselves have had to revisit this question recently. In these uncertain times, falling asleep easily and sleeping throughout the night might not come as easily as it used to. So,can essential oils help quiet a racing mind and get you back to your regular sleep schedule? Let’s find out.
Essential Oils For Restlessness
Essential oils and aromatic plants have historically been used for a host of ailments, including sleep, meditation and restlessness.
For natural relief from restlessness, there may beno better option than Lavender essential oil. Used since antiquity to promote sleep and to reduce stress, Lavender is high in two sedative components that help give this restful oil its benefits – linalool and linalyl acetate. These components are also found in other sleep-inducing oils such as Clary Sage, Bergamot Mint, Neroli, Petitgrain, Basil ct. linalool, Thyme ct. linalool and Coriander Seed.
Stress and anxiety are widely regarded as two primary causes of lack of rest. Therefore it comes as no surprise thatstudies reveal that anxiolytic oils such as Sweet Orange, East Indian Sandalwood, Rose, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Geranium, Rose Geranium and Ylang Ylang all have the potential to counter restlessness.
While these essential oils can effectively be used alone to promote restfulness, when blended, they create a highly-effective, therapeutic synergy. At Edens Garden, we offer a variety of expertly formulated synergy blends to shorten the time it takes to fall asleep, to reduce sleep disturbances and to awaken feeling well-rested and ready for the day. These essential oil synergy blends include best selling Good Night – a soft and powdery blend of florals and herbs. Sleep Ease, a rosy and undeniably cozy blend of 100% pure, high-quality essential oils. We also offer Sound Asleep and Sleepy Head – two blends designed to be safe for kids 2+ and effective enough for adults.
Needless to say, if you’re having trouble sleeping or just can’t seem to shut off at night, your aromatherapy options are endless at EG.
Additional Remedies For Restlessness
- Take a warm bath with Good Night Bath Salt. Not only does this relieve stress while Good Night bath salt imparts its sedative qualities, but the juxtaposition between warm to cooler temperatures is said to encourage sleepiness as well.
- Don’t have time to diffuse your favorite essential oil sleep blend before bed? Create the perfect sleep oasis with Good Night or Sound Asleep Room Sprays. Try a spritz here and there on your pillow and sheets for sweet dreams.
- Follow up with our Good Night Body Oilto keep skin moisturized while still absorbing the sedative benefits of our bestselling essential oil sleep blend.
- Turn off your phone 30 minutes before bed. You’ve probably heard this tip being touted as a remedy for restlessness and for good reason. Not only are our phones purveyors of oftentimes, distressing news, but they also give offharmful blue light and increase alertness.
- Look to the herbs from which your essential oils are obtained, like dried Lavender and Chamomile flowers. When steeped in hot water for 1-2 minutes and after adding a touch of honey or agave, these two natural sedatives make for a potent night time tea.
- Turn on some sleep tunes. This can include white noise, the sound of rainfall, a babbling brook or ocean waves, and of course, your favorite, meditative music.