The Best Essential Oils to Beat the Holiday Blues
If you blinked, you might have missed the holidays. While they always seem to fly by, we hope they were brimming with good cheer and tidings of comfort and joy. But the post-holiday blues is a very real thing. If you’re experiencing the proverbial holiday hangover, we have some helpful EO hacks!
- Bliss: It’s right there in the name. Bliss is a synergy blend that’s ready to promote feelings of joy and cheer. You can count on fresh and spicy notes to elevate your spirits when the January lull has you feeling a little low.
- Clementine: Once the festive music has faded and decorations are packed away, the highs of the holidays can bottom out a bit. The perfect way to boost the vibe in your home or office is Clementine. This citrus-forward essential oil is complemented by sweet notes, offering an ideal aromantic balance that works to even out your mood.
- Cinnamon Bark: You might not be whipping up festive treats in the kitchen, but you can still lean on an aroma that's widely associated with the culinary arts: Cinnamon Bark! Warm, intense and somehow still soft, Cinnamon Bark’s aroma might bring to mind cookies and other baked goods — perfect for gently easing you out of the holidays and into the new year.
- Blood Orange: Another citrus-bright essential oil to chase away the blues, Blood Orange invigorates your mood and calms your mind. Brighten the days after the holiday lights come down with this incredible EO.
- Anxiety Ease: With the winter festivities behind and a new year stretching out before you, it’s not uncommon to feel a little anxious. Not to worry any more than you have to, as we have a remedy! Anxiety Ease is a synergy blend that brings together Sweet Orange, Ylang Ylang and Lemongrass, and together they work to restore your clarity and confidence.
- Bergamot Key Lime: If all is too calm and all is not quite bright enough, look to Bergamot Key Lime. When diffused, this synergy blend can renew your sense of vitality with a zesty aroma that’s bold and bright.
- Allspice: With a sweet-spicy aroma that brings to mind the holiday season, Allspice just might be the perfect essential oil to transition you from post-Christmas blues to the new year!
- Cumin: At first sight, you might recognize Cumin as an ingredient used in some of your favorite dishes. But this herb isn’t only for tasty cuisine. In fact, Cumin is used, in its essential oil form, for deep relaxation. For this reason (and not surprisingly), massage therapists utilize it in their sessions. Enjoy the calming properties and spicy aroma of Cumin in your diffuser, and lift yourself above the dregs of post-festivities blues.
- Bee Happy: Adults aren’t the only ones that can come down with a case of the holiday blues. Reach for Bee Happy — a synergy blend created specifically for kids — when your little ones are feeling whistful about presents since opened.
- Citrus Cream: Like your favorite summer treat, the Citrus Cream synergy blend offers a zesty, refreshing aroma. While its aroma alone might remind you of the perfect summer day, Citrus Cream’s properties help combat negative feelings — just like the ones that sneak up when you’re in the throes of the holiday blues.
We hope these single oils and synergy blends offer some relief when you’re feeling less than incredible after the holidays pack their bags and leave for the year. Have an oil or blend that you think we missed? Let us know in the comments below!