The Top Benefits & Uses Of Best Man Essential Oil Blend
We all go through moments in our lives when we grapple with certainty only to find our confidence waning. To keep ourselves on track, tackle aspirations and win back a positive outlook we have nature to thank which presents to us a number of research-backed medicinal plants to reconstruct our tenacity and determination from the ground up.
How do we keep a positive outlook? Well, let's take a step back and as an example, consider what nature gives us in the strength of trees. Its wood, acting as the tree skeleton, not only leads down into the roots for grounding but also lifts the tree up to hold itself boldly toward the sun and sky. We can relate this idea to the power of nature in essential oils - using oils that carry with them a strength will grant us that same emotional consciousness.
The Best Essential Oils For Men
Most men do not typically associate themselves with flowery aromas and we can likely agree, with stereotypes aside, that men tend to gravitate toward more profound wood-based, earthy and musky aromatics. These heavier essential oils have always been at the center of colognes and essential oil blends targeted at men. They are commonly base notes that act as fixatives for cologne and perfumes and are used to prolong the longevity of an aromatic blend.
Masculine oil blends are created from the woods of Cedar and Copaiba, needles and twigs of Pine and Fir trees, the roots of Vetiver and leaves to make Patchouli essential oil. Complimentary aromas are extracted from spices such as Cinnamon which adds warmth and liveliness and herbal oils such as Juniper Berry that nourish and restore energy while ushering in calm and relaxation by reducing stress and anxiety. Fortunately, no matter the essential oil or plant they are derived from, they all offer some health benefits. Let's take a deeper look into the benefits of essential oils that make up Best Man essential oil blend.
Benefits of Best Man Essential Oil Blend
Best Man is an exquisite combination of essential oils handcrafted mainly with Cedar, Copaiba, Juniper, Fir Balsam and Vetiver. These oils collaborate by gathering one's strength and further surrender built-up tension and reinforce a positive outlook. The ability to quiet the mind and relax the muscles provides an opportunity for self-reflection which in turn brings about a confident self-awareness. The main oils found in Best Man can have a profound effect on one's emotional life and aid in balancing and centering the heart. Best Man is reinforced and bolstered by a delightful mingling of Clary Sage, Spearmint, Cinnamon, Lime and Oakmoss and Galbanum giving the blend a hidden spark of citrus, spices and herbs.
Each of these oils contributes to the genuinely wondrous objective of Best Man which is not only to offer a natural masculine scent to improve mens health and well-being but to humbly offer the same aspirations for any woman who desires an air of fearlessness with their feet positively planted squarely on the earth.
Best Man Essential Oil Ingredients: A Deeper Look
This essential oil is made from the needles and twigs of Pinus sylvestris are the plant parts responsible for exchanging CO2 with the air for oxygen. We can interpret this plant part use to make the essential oil for its ability to aid our respiratory concerns and offer stable breath. It carries a warm, resinous scent with balsamic notes. The pine-rich essential oil contains alpha and beta-pinene which usher in deeper breathing. The constituent beta-pinene helps to battle nervous system fatigue, stress and anxiety giving you meditative deep inhalations that can bring on a calmer state of mind, lending a self-reliance that inspires moxie and courage.
Copaiba has a light and earthen aroma steam distilled from the resin of the tree. It has been shown to soften and subdue a stressed-out mood. Many of you may have heard the term cortisol mentioned. It is a hormone produced by our adrenal glands in response to stressful stimuli. Research has shown that component β-Caryophyllene found in Copaiba essential oil, has anti-anxiolytic effects by decreasing “the salivary cortisol in clinical trials.” This applies especially during times of heavy workload. Its anti-inflammatory properties also contribute to reducing stress and free radicals in the body to improve overall health making it a great choice for chronic inflammation.
This particular chemotype of Cedar has a radiant earthy and woodsy aroma and is known by its Latin name Cedrus deodara. It is native to India and can be found in the Himalayas of Pakistan, Nepal and Afghanistan. From a scientific perspective, research studies have shown that the essential oil has a beneficial effect on mood and a soporific effect on the central nervous system. It has superb anti-anxiolytic properties and can help treat many respiratory troubles. Its ability to relax the mind, dispel anxiety and reduce stress and negative emotions make this a deeply meditative oil for any blend. Its skill with anxiety relief extends to reducing uneasiness as well as restlessness and grounds the feet to the earth's uplifting mood. Its calming abilities extend the improvement of mental capacity, focus and concentration. Cedarwood is also found in blends for sleep as well as used in blends for hair growth.
Comprised mainly of alpha and beta-pinene, Fir Balsam also known as Canadian Balsam or by its Latin name Abies balsamea, has incredible potential to emotionally uplift one's spirits and help mitigate feelings of stress and anxiety making it great in blends for nervous tension. Just like Scots Pine, Fir Balsam essential oil is made by steam distilling its leaves and twigs. Its benefits extend to the respiratory system where it has the strength for opening up the lungs which in turn support energy and vigor of the mind and body.
The berry from the Juniperus communis plant is well known for its use in making Gin. The essential oil is steam distilled from the berry of this conifer and has a bright, pine-like, refreshing aroma. It's a fantastic oil for “men's blends” that has the ability to purify the air and revitalize the spirit by improving circulation and ridding the body and mind of lethargy. It's a great oil to add to massage blends to relieve congestion and stagnancy as well as pain. Its benefits as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory are well studied giving it a leg up on overall health, It is likewise often used as an astringent in skin care blends.
Vetiver is a perennial grass whose roots are used in steam distillation of the essential oil. Vetiveria zizanoides, has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine to cool the body and mind as well as promote better focus and concentration. It can even improve and sustain the immune system. It has a rich, heavy aroma that is deeply earthy. It's been used as a fixative for perfumes for centuries. Essential oils made from the roots of a plant are considered base notes making it a profoundly protective and grounding essential oil that offers the capacity to restore health and homeostasis.
How To Use Best Man & DIY Projects
There are a plethora of ways to put Best Man to use. As with any blending we highly recommend following our dilution guidelines for DIY projects. Blending with essential oils is simple once you get the hang of it. Be sure to check out our dilution rate guide to understand safe dilutions. Our DIY products include roller bottles, spray bottles and pump bottles for massage oil blends as well as carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil and jojoba oil to choose from.
- Diffuse: We recommend that you follow the manufacturer's suggested instructions that came with your device. However, a basic rule to follow is to simply add 6-10 drops of essential oil to 100 ml of water in the home diffuser.
- Hand Soap & Shower Body Soap: Best Man contains some essential oils that can kill germs including Juniper Berry, Copaiba and Cinnamon- Bark. Fill your 4 oz glass bottle halfway with Castile Soap and blend in 10-15 drops per ounce of liquids. Shake up the soap and essential oils and then fill the bottle the rest of the way with water. Screw on your pump and use as needed when showering.
- Massage Oil: Use a one-ounce glass pump bottle or a roller bottle and fill either bottle up to the neck with sweet almond oil or another carrier oil of your choice with 10-15 drops of Best Man essential oil blend. Shake gently to incorporate all of the essential oils and massage into sore muscles or use it as a perfume.
- Bath Salts with soap base: Using a bowl or glass container that will be designated for essential oils and bath salts, mix together 1 cup of Epsom salts, ½ cup of Castile soap and 6 drops of Best Man essential oil blend. Mix the blend together well and add to a warm bath. Soak your body for at least 15 minutes.
- Natural Cologne: Create a natural cologne by adding 15-18 drops of Best Man and 1 oz of perfumer’s alcohol into a 1 oz spray bottle. Let sit for at least a day to let the aroma infuse completely into the alcohol.
- Spray Deodorant: Using a 4 oz glass spray bottle, blend 2 tbsp of grain alcohol and 25 drops of Best Man essential oil blend. Let this blend sit overnight and for up to 24 hours so that the oils to infuse completely into the alcohol. Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water. Shake well and use when needed.
- Aftershave Balm: Melt .5 oz beeswax and .5 oz mango butter in a double boiler. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Stir in 3 oz of Prickly Pear Seed carrier oil and add 12 drops of Best Man and stir with a whisk to blend the concoction together. Transfer to a small glass jar and allow to cool before applying a dollop to freshly shaven face.
- Antibacterial Effects of Cinnamon: From Farm to Food, Cosmetic and Pharmaceutical Industries. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4586554/
- Antibacterial and Antifungal Activity of Juniper Berry oil and its Selected Components https://www.researchgate.net/publication/10825318_Antibacterial_and_antifungal_activity_of_juniper_berry_oil_and_its_selected_components
- Antibacterial Activity of Copaiba Oil Gel on Dental Biofilm https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4911736/
- What You Need to Know About Cedarwood Essential Oil https://www.healthline.com/health/cedarwood-essential-oil#:~:text=Cedarwood%20oil%20for%20anxiety,for%20anxiety%2C%20and%20reducing%20stress
- Science Review of Selected Essential Oils and their Botanical Ingredients. Focus on Essential Oils used for Respiratory and Calming Indications https://www.gavinpublishers.com/article/view/a-science-review-of-selected-essential-oils-and-their-botanical-ingredients.-focus-on-essential-oils-used-for-respiratory-and-calming
- The Effect of Copaiba Oil Odor on Anxiety Relief in Adults under Mental Workload https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2022/3874745/
- Meta-analysis on Copaiba Oil: Its Functions in Metabolism and Its Properties as an Anti-inflammatory Agent https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327866064_Meta-analysis_on_Copaiba_Oil_Its_Functions_in_Metabolism_and_Its_Properties_as_an_Anti-inflammatory_Agent
- Deodar: Benefits, Uses, Formulation, Ingredients, Dosage And Side Effects https://www.netmeds.com/health-library/post/deodar-benefits-uses-formulation-ingredients-dosage-and-side-effects
- Balsam Fir Essential Oil https://www.aromaweb.com/essential-oils/balsam-fir-oil.asp
- Essential Oil Analysis of Balsam Fir Abies balsamea (L.) Mill. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10412905.1994.9698369
- Chemical Composition and Antioxidant Properties of Juniper Berry (Juniperus communis L.) Essential Oil. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/280567549_Chemical_Composition_and_Antioxidant_Properties_of_Juniper_Berry_Juniperus_communis_L_Essential_Oil_Action_of_the_Essential_Oil_on_the_Antioxidant_Protection_of_Saccharomyces_cerevisiae_Model_Organism