Varicose veins are caused by a variety of factors including age, pregnancy, genetics and/or a general lack of blood circulation. The dark purple or blue lines twist or bulge across the body, most typically on the legs. In addition to cosmetic concerns, varicose veins can be painful and uncomfortable.
The Mayo Clinic suggests exercising, losing weight and elevating your legs as possible prevention and treatment of varicose veins. Although most topical creams cannot cure varicose veins, essential oils can help reduce their appearance. Our on-staff aromatherapists formulated this Varicose Vein Body Butter DIY so you can beautify and properly moisturize your skin.
What You Need:
1 oz Jojoba carrier oil
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
20 drops Helichrysum essential oil
20 drops Chamomile essential oil
20 drops Geranium essential oil
2 oz shea butter
- In the double boiler, melt and stir shea body butter and Hemp carrier oil.
- Allow the mixture to cool by removing it from heat.
- After it cools, mix in Jojoba carrier oil, vitamin E and essential oils.
- Refrigerate overnight. Mixture should be somewhat solid by the morning.
- Use a hand mixer to blend the product until it resembles whipped cream. It should be smooth to the touch.
- Store in a glass container and keep at room temperature. If it starts to melt, you can keep it in the fridge.