Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Combat Allergies Essential Oil Blend can quickly and effectively provide relief from allergy symptoms such as itchy eyes and a stuffy nose. The pleasant, herbal and medicinal aromas of the blend offer instant relief with every breath.
Use this therapeutic blend in an Essential Oil Inhaler or Mio Mist Diffuser for portability and convenience. Uninterrupted productivity and a good day, free from seasonal allergies is just a blend away!
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There is nothing worse than itchy eyes, a runny nose, and hay fever attacks during allergy season. The great thing is that many essential oils have proven themselves over and over again as effective natural ways to reduce the body's histamine reaction to allergens. These include oils such as Eucalyptus- globulus, Frankincense- Serrata, Lavender, Chamomile- Roman, and more. What is great about all the above oils is that they have been expertly formulated to bring you the best comfort and let you breathe easy during the months of seasonal allergies so that you don't have to cringe when this time of year comes around. Try this effective blend with steam inhalation, diffusing intermittently day and night as well as with a personal nasal inhaler for on-the-go use to keep nasal congestion away and your sinus cavities clear during allergy season.
- There are a few excellent ways to use Combat Allergies for decreasing one's seasonal allergy symptoms. 1) Try steam inhalation: add 1-2 drops of Combat Allergies essential oil to a glass or ceramic bowl of steaming hot water. Drape a towel over your head and close your eyes, place your face about 8-12 inches over the bowl, and breathe in deeply for several minutes. 2) Diffuse: Follow the manufacturer's instructions on your diffuser, add the appropriate drops of Combat Allergies essential oil blend, and let it run for 60-minute intervals. 3) For on-the-go use, try our nasal inhaler. To fill the product, we recommend reading the instructions for the inhaler.
- For allergy relief, if using topically, we recommend diluting Combat Allergies blend into a carrier oil or unscented cream. It's best to use a 3-5% dilution of essential oils when making a topical blend which equates to 15-20 drops of Combat Allergies. See our instructions on diluting essential oils to understand more. When used topically, this blend will work best if you apply it to areas of the body that reach your nose. By inhaling it, the body can absorb the oils via the lungs and through the bloodstream calming down one's histamine reaction to allergens. With that in mind, try applying your diluted blend to the chest over the sternum, on pulse points, and while the oil is fresh on your hands, close your eyes and cup your hands over your nose and mouth and breathe in the oil deeply 4-5 times.
- There have been several studies conducted with humans in trials testing the efficacy of essential oils and seasonal allergies and calming histamine reactions to allergens. For example, many studies have shown that components of Eucalyptus- globulus are effective in suppressing mast cells' inflammatory response when one encounters allergens. Mast cells are part of our immune system's defense against invaders and create an inflammatory response in reaction to foreign substances in the body. Lavender, Frankincense, and other oils in Combat Allergen blends have shown similar results in studies.
- Because essential oils are powerful enough to be effective when inhaled or applied topically, we do not recommend ingestion unless advised by an aromatherapist. The most effective way to obtain Breath of Fresh Air essential oil’s benefits is by diffusing it or adding it to an all-purpose spray. Please note that many may suggest ingesting essential oils, but research shows that casual ingestion may lead to unwanted side effects regardless of purity, quality or brand. These include stomach irritation, dizziness, headaches and nausea among other things. This does not mean that ingestion is never applicable, but it is rarely necessary.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser’s product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
STEAM: Add 2 drops of Combat Allergies essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Closing your eyes, place your face over the bowl, drape a towel over your head and the bowl and inhale deeply for several minutes.
DIFFUSE: Add 1-2 drops of Combat Allergies to the Mio Mist Diffuser for on-the-go use when you need it.