Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Travel to the towering forests of Austria, New Zealand, Canada, South Korea and Russia with Fir Around The World essential oil. Its fresh, woodsy aroma promotes healthy breathing as well as relief from pain and inflammation. This unique combination works powerfully to heal and restore while eliciting thoughts of the great outdoors.
Botanical Names: Abies alba, Pseudotsuga menziesii, Abies balsamea, Abies koreaensis, Abies siberica, Abies balsamea
Origins: Austria, New Zealand, Canada, South Korea, Russia
Method: Steam Distilled, Solvent Extracted
Plant Part: Needles
Blends Well With: Sandalwood, Pine, Clementine
Aroma: Green, earthy, woodsy and terpenic
Color: Colorless to pale yellow
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Fir essential oil is made via steam distillation. In steam distillation, plant material is placed in a still, water is added, then heat is applied to the unit. As water heats, plants release their essential oil, the oil rises with steam droplets that are sucked into a pipe and the oil and water are then separated. While it may not be possible to make Fir essential oil at home, you can make aromatic hydrosol water that contains many of the same therapeutic benefits as essential oil. Click here for instructions on how to make your own hydrosol.
- Fir around the World essential oil blend is a combination of 6 different types of Fir trees. Its a middle note that is steam distilled from the needles that has a green, earthy, woodsy outdoors aromatic. Its has a thin consistency and is clear to pale yellow in color. It carries with it all of the therapeutic values such as respiratory and clear breathing care. This oil blend is a combination of many fir trees found worldwide including Fir- Austria (Abies alba), Fir- New Zealand (Pseudotsuga menziesii), Fir- Canada (Abies balsamea), Fir- South Korea (Abies koreaensis), Fir- Russia (Abies sibirica) and Fir- Canada Absolute (Abies balsamea).
- There are several ways to effectively use Fir essential oil and obtain its benefits, including 1.) Add 10 drops to your essential oil diffuser per 100 ml of water. 2.) Dilute 12 drops per 1 ounce of carrier oil and use as a skin nourishing massage oil. 3.) Add 6 drops to 1 ounce of carrier oil and 1 cup of Epsom salt for an uplifting bath. Add the mixture to your bath and soak up the goodness. 4.) Add 10 drops to an Essential Oil Inhaler and take it with you for on-the-go therapeutic use.
- Animals such as dogs metabolize essential oils very differently than humans. And with a sense of smell 10,000 to 100,000 times more acute than humans, animals are more affected by essential oil diffusion than one might think. With that said, due to Fir essential oil’s many precautions toward dogs, we don’t recommend using this oil around your dog. If you’ve already used Fir essential oil around your dog and notice behavioral differences, such as whining, scratching or acting loopy, move your dog to fresh air and contact your veterinarian. If you wish to use Fir essential oil without affecting your dog, inhale it using an Essential Oil Inhaler and Mio Mist Diffuser or use it topically.
- Fir around the world combines well with other wood oils to enhance their healing effects such as Sandalwood and Cedarwood or Eucalyptus globulus to aid breathing when sick with colds, flu or sore throat, Pine oils such as Scots Pine, Spruce oils such as Black Spruce both in anti-inflammatory and pain relief massage oil blends will add an ability to relieve muscle spasm, fatigue and arthritis. Add a little spice by mixing it with black pepper and anise or fennel to aid digestion. Florals such as Clary Sage and Lavender can both help to soften a blend. Add fruit and citrus oils such as Clementine, Sweet Orange and Tangerine to add a clean fresh note.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.