Following the gleaming light from a star above, three men traveled through narrow valleys and deserts to offer gifts to a newborn. Called a prince by some and a peasant by others, the baby received Frankincense and Myrrh from the three men who called him, “the savior.”
For more than 5,000 years, Frankincense and Myrrh has been traded in Africa and the Middle East. In Jerusalem, temples burned Frankincense and Myrrh during sacred rituals. Along with a remarkable aroma, it has many antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that can help support the respiratory system, and may provide pain relief.
Edens Garden’s Frankincense and Myrrh synergy blend is comprised of an exquisite combination of Myrrh, Cedarwood Himalayan, Frankincense, Cedarwood Virginian, Cistus and Vanilla CO2. As always, our oils are 100% certified therapeutic grade and never contain additives or fillers. With its long history and link to generosity, Frankincense and Myrrh makes for a heartwarming and thoughtful gift.
Love Frankincense & Myrrh? Try our other natural Frankincense & Myrrh products!
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- A few ways to use Frankincense & Myrrh oil include 1.) Diffusing 10 drops of Frankincense & Myrrh per every 100 ml of water. 2.) Diluting it in a carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut oil, transferring this mixture to an amber glass bottle and applying it topically to your skin. 3.) Adding it to a relaxing bath by combining 6 drops of Frankincense & Myrrh, 2 tbsp of carrier oil and 2 tbsp of Epsom salt.
- Frankincense & Myrrh is a helpful solution when life gets chaotic. Its benefits include calming emotions, creating a prayerful atmosphere and even nourishing the skin. Diffuse it to promote peace and groundedness. For skincare, melt 2 tbsp of Shea Butter in a double boiler, then stir in 2 oz of a carrier oil. Remove from heat, and add 45 drops of Frankincense & Myrrh. Apply this body butter to skin that could use some TLC or to areas of pain and inflammation.
- It is not necessary to ingest Frankincense & Myrrh when inhalation and topical use are the most effective methods of using this blend. Research has shown that casual ingestion can lead to unwanted side effects, regardless of purity, quality and brand. These side effects may include dizziness, nausea, headache, upset stomach and more. This does not mean essential oil ingestion is never warranted. We recommend consulting with an aromatherapist before ingesting essential oils.
- Along with the highest quality Frankincense and Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) essential oils available, this blend contains other grounding oils. These include Cedarwood Himalayan, Cedarwood Virginian, Cistus and Vanilla CO2. Both Frankincense and Myrrh essential oil are obtained from the highest quality resin, where each plant is native. From there, third-party essential oil chemists and our in-house aromatherapists test and analyze each oil for quality and purity. Our oils are then hand poured, bottled and shipped from our facility in sunny San Clemente, CA.
- One major use of anointing oil that was documented in the Bible is healing the sick. James 5:14 reads, “Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.” Frankincense and Myrrh, along with other oils in our Frankincense & Myrrh blend, have been shown to alleviate feelings of sickness. And because of Frankincense and Myrrh’s well-documented use throughout the Bible, this blend makes an optimal anointing oil.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
The Frankincense & Myrrh blend can be used as a restoring massage oil. Simply mix a few drops with your favorite Edens Garden carrier oil and massage into the skin to calm the skin, and relax the entire body. Or add a drop of the Frankincense & Myrrh blend to your favorite moisturizer to help give clarity and luster to the skin.
More from the blog: