Unveil the magic of nature with Edens Garden Egyptian Geranium essential oil. This enchanting oil is more than just a fragrance; it's a journey into a realm of wellness and tranquility. Its floral and sweet aroma whispers tales of beauty and health, making it a cherished part of aromatherapy practices across the globe.
Egyptian Geranium essential oil is your ticket to radiant skin and shiny hair. With its long-standing reputation in skincare and haircare, this essential oil is your natural ally for a vibrant and healthy appearance. Drawn from the leaves of fragrant Geranium plants that stand about 3 feet tall, this oil carries the essence of hundreds of unique species within its potent drops.
But don't let the name fool you. The Geranium Egyptian essential oil isn't your everyday garden variety. It's derived from the Pelargonium genus, a family rich with dozens of crossbred cousins, adding an extra layer of complexity and allure to its profile. Extracted through a meticulous steam distillation process, this essential oil promises purity and potency in every drop.
Incorporating Egyptian Geranium essential oil into your daily routine is as easy as it is rewarding. Add a few drops to your skincare regimen for a revitalizing boost, or blend it into your shampoo to unlock lustrous, shiny hair. You can even create your own DIY aromatherapy diffuser blend, combining Geranium with other harmonious oils for a soothing home ambiance. Always remember to dilute before topical use to ensure safe and effective application.
Experience the extraordinary with Edens Garden Egyptian Geranium essential oil. Let its floral and sweet aroma guide you towards enhanced wellness and beauty, one drop at a time.
Botanical Name: Pelargonium graveolens
Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Blends Well With: Neroli, and other citrus
Aroma: Herbaceous, sweet, and floral with green undertones
Color: Pale Yellow
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Adult Max Dilution: 17.5%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Geranium is a very rounded essential oil. Cultivated in Egypt, Pelargonium graveolens, works on a range of issues to improve circulation, relieve pain and sore achy muscles and deepen relaxation. In skin care blends, it helps improve red, puffy skin to the glow of healthy skin as well as shiny flowing hair. Use it to aid and uplift the heart while relieving ongoing stress and anxiety. It can improve circulation with its anti-inflammatory property and unblock energy both physically and emotionally. As an antibacterial and antifungal, it goes well with other like-minded oils in DIY cleaning products.
- In some aromatherapy circles Geranium essential oil is a known tonic for the adrenal cortex which is one of a number of organs in the body that help to regulate hormones. According to Healthline, a study found that aromatherapy with Geranium essential oil was beneficial in stimulating secretion of salivary estrogen. Researchers theorized that geranium essential oil might be of value for women experiencing reduced estrogen and health-related symptoms caused by menopause and perimenopause.
- An active component of Geranium is Geraniol and has been found in studies as far back as 1990s to prove itself effective in repelling mosquitos. More recently Geranium has repellant qualities with other biting insects such as ticks, flies, fleas and gnats along with other repellent essential oils such as Citronella, Catnip and Lemon Eucalyptus.
- Choosing not to dilute essential oils is called using them “neat.” Using oils neat or at a higher-than-necessary dilution rate (over 11%) can lead to a skin reaction or sensitization, irritation and other health issues. For this reason, diluting essential oils prior to topical use is always recommended. If you’re using essential oil for body massage or creating a DIY lotion, dilute at a 2-3% ratio or 12-18 drops of essential oil in 1 oz of carrier oil. A 1% dilution is recommended for young kids, pregnant women, people with sensitivities and for bath and facial use. 1% equals 6 drops of essential oil in 1 oz of carrier oil. We find it’s best to dilute essential oils in amber glass bottles that can be easily accessed when needed.
- According to Healthline, “Geranium essential oil has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, making it effective against multiple bacterial strains. One study found that geranium essential oil was about as effective as amoxicillin at fighting bacterial strains, such as Staphylococcus aureus.”
Apply Topically: Our Pure Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically to avoid possible skin irritation. .
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
RELAX: Add relaxing essential oil blend to a personal inhaler and inhale to calm nerves as needed: 5 drops of Geranium, 5 drops of Sweet Orange and 5 drops of Bergamot. Or add Geranium to your Thera Lux Nebulizing Diffuser and diffuse for 30-60 minutes.
SLEEP TIME: Add to a 2 ounce squeeze bottle: 7 drops of Geranium, 4 drops of Clary Sage, 3 drops of Chamomile (German), 3 drops of Rose and 3 drops of Lavender, then fill with Jojoba oil. Shake to mix well. Apply one teaspoon to cover the abdomen and massage gently in. (1.7% dilution)
MATURE SKIN: Add to a 2 ounce bottle: 4 drops of Geranium, 1 drop of Carrot Seed, 3 drops of Frankincense (Frereana) and 2 drops of Lavender (Bulgarian or French), then fill with Jojoba oil. Shake well to combine before applying directly to the face after cleansing. (.8% dilution)
SUGAR SCRUB: Blend together: 12 drops of Geranium, 10 drops of Cypress, 5 drops of Tangerine and 5 drops of Grapefruit with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of Jojoba and 1/4 cup of Sesame oils. Stir to mix well. Best used in the shower. Gently massage 1 tablespoon of the Geranium essential oil blend at a time over the body, focusing on thighs and buttocks. Use a spoon to scoop out and avoid getting product wet to prevent contamination.
More from the blog: