Free shipping on all orders in the US!
For those scared away by the hippy sound of this carrier oil, fear not! Hemp Seed is an all-natural way to jumpstart better skin with a wave of incredible vitamins.
With copious amounts of omega fatty acids and proteins, Hemp Seed wonderfully reinvigorates the skin as it helps to clear away acne and eczema. Extremely emollient and absorbent, Hemp Seed can even tone and texture with vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, D and E. It also has abundant levels of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. For those looking for clearer skin and overall health, Hemp Seed can actually reduce toxins while alleviating sore muscles and joints.
*Though this product contains no psychoactive components, we cannot guarantee that it can be shipped to countries outside of the US. Please check with your local customs services to obtain more information on the legality of Hemp carrier oil in your country.
Botanical Name: Cannabis sativa
Method: Cold Pressed
Aroma: Hemp Seed oil has a slight nutty aroma that is very distinct. Although still faint, it is vastly more fragrant than other carrier oils
Consistency: Typical and characteristic of carrier oils
Color: Pale yellow to golden yellow
Absorption: Hemp Seed absorbs at average speed into skin, leaving a slight oil texture on the skin
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 1 Year
- Hemp seed oil is made from raw hemp seed and originates from the type of cannabis plant that is related to marijuana but does not contain THC or contains trace amounts of THC but is rather comprised of good unsaturated essential fatty acids (such as omega 3 fatty acid), amino acids (to help build protein) and cannabinoids, also known as CBD. CBD oil is used for a number of health benefits including anxiety, stress, skin conditions, hair care and epilepsy and may be able to reduce inflammation and pain in the body.
- Hemp seed oil originates from the same type of cannabis plant, Cannabis sativa, that is related to marijuana but is a different chemotype. Hemp Seed oil does not contain THC or contains trace amounts of THC and is comprised not only of good unsaturated essential fatty acids (such as oleic acid) and amino acids (which helps to build protein) but also contains the anti-inflammatory agent, cannabinoids, also known as CBD.
- Hemp Seed oil is a natural anti-inflammatory which in turn helps with pain relief. Hemp Seed oil can be applied directly as a massage oil to areas of aches and pains with or without essential oils to further bolster its natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. Hemp Seed oil contains essential fatty acids that if stored in a dark cool place such as the refrigerator, will extend its life. If you would like to add pain relief essential oils consider adding 15 drops of one or a combination of the following essential oils: Spike Lavender, Juniper Berry, Black Pepper and Peppermint.
- According to WebMD, “a dermatology study found that oral consumption of hemp seed oil improves symptoms of atopic dermatitis, also known as eczema. Researchers attribute these results to the fatty acids found in hemp seed oil. Hemp seed oil is also useful in treating other skin conditions, such as cradle cap, psoriasis, and acne. In addition, hemp seed oil strengthens the skin and makes it better able to resist infection.”
- Edens Garden has an excellent Hemp Seed oil that is unrefined and cold pressed. It has a pale blue green color and is extracted from the seeds of the Hemp plant and made with the cold pressed extraction method. It can be used in skincare and body care products as well as blended with essential oils that reduce inflammation, dry skin and redness and for those looking to improve skin texture and suppleness. Added to hair care products for straight or curly hair to encourage hair growth and improve the texture and body of hair.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. Alternatively, use Carrier Oils alone as a natural moisturizer. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
Common Uses: The fatty acids and proteins found in Hemp Seed have revitalizing and healing properties. Non-greasy, Hemp Seed detoxifies and restores the skin. When used regularly, it can reduce inflammation, help eliminate acne and treat eczema. Aromatherapists often use Hemp Seed in massage oils to soothe joints and muscles
More from the blog: