You might be down for the count when stuffy nose and sinus congestion hit. But between mountains of tissues, hot cups of tea and puffs from the humidifier, reach for restorative Stuffy Nose & Sinus Relief to feel better faster.
Fresh Spike Lavender, medicinal Eucalyptus and clean Fir Needle are combined in this healthful blend to help open airways and promote better breathing. Use Stuffy Nose & Sinus Relief in a steam or a diffuser for quick action.
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- There are a number of effective oils for clearing the sinus pressure and nasal congestion. This blend contains essential oils of Spike Lavender - more potent than its gentle cousin Lavender angustifolia, Spike Lavender offers purification and an ability to reduce inflammation and spastic coughing, Eucalyptus globulus and Peppermint help to open up the airways, break up and expel mucus from the body as well as help to halt the production of mucus. Siberian Fir helps to reduce germs and is a strong decongestant. Clary Sage can help calm the body and mind as well as reduce chest tension and soreness. If your stuffy nose includes a sinus headache, relief will come by using this blend with inhalation.
- Topically Stuffy Nose & Sinus Relief makes an incredible addition to anyone's medicine cabinet to alleviate cold symptoms. Before applying this blend topically, be sure to dilute the essential oil blend in any DIY project. For an easy to use recipe, blend Stuffy Nose & Sinus Relief into a chest and back rub by adding 10-15 drops of essential oil to 1 oz of unscented cream or carrier oil and massaging into the back and chest. It can also be placed on pulse points. Use as needed every few hours.
- It is not recommended to use Stuffy Nose & Sinus Relief topically to your dog or any other pets. For further pet safety guidelines, we recommend picking up a copy of Kristen Leigh Bell’s book Holistic Aromatherapy for Animals or joining an animal aromatherapy Facebook group. If you would like to read more on our blog, try this article. When diffusing any essential oils, ensure there is proper ventilation and that your pet can leave the room if desired. If in doubt, ask a vet with aromatherapy experience for safety guidelines for your pet, or avoid essential oil use around your pet altogether.
- There is nothing more organic than the power of plants as a natural remedy for a stuffy or runny nose! We must always remember that essential oils are made up of chemical components. While there may be some contraindications for use, such as with children under the age of 10 and the use of essential ols that contain eucalyptol (aka 1,8 cineole) that is found in Eucalyptus essential oil and a few others, we cannot recommend higher the essential oil blend of Stuffy Nose & Sinus Relief to help clear the sinuses naturally. Try using this blend diluted into a chest and back rub with a carrier oil or unscented cream or with steam inhalation.
- For stuffy noses, sinus congestion and even sinus infection, its best to clear the airways with inhalation of essential oils. You can accomplish this by using a diffuser, with steam inhalation or with a personal essential oil inhaler. For steam inhalation, place 1-2 drops of the essential oil blend in a glass or ceramic bowl filled with steaming water. Its important to close your eyes to avoid getting essential oils in them. Tent a towel over your head and steamy bowl and breath in deeply for 1-2 minutes. This method is not recommended for children under the age of 5. Instead, use a diffuser or a essential oil inhaler.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser’s product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
CHEST RUB: Create a chest rub by melting 1 teaspoon of soy wax and 2 teaspoons of shea butter in a double boiler or microwave then add 3.5 oz of Raspberry Seed carrier oil. Remove from heat and add 60 drops of Stuffy Nose & Sinus Relief. Transfer to a 4 oz container and let cool before rubbing a dollop into your chest.
STEAM: Add 2 drops of Stuffy Nose & Sinus Relief essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Closing your eyes, place your face over the bowl, drape a towel over your head and the bowl and inhale deeply for several minutes.