Resource of the Month: Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy
In case you didn’t know, Sylla Sheppard-Hanger is near and dear to our hearts at Edens Garden. Sylla’s phenomenal work in helping to formulate our OK For Kids line is only the tip of the iceberg. With decades of aromatherapy experience behind her, Sylla has published books, researched the use of EOs on children with autism and began the United Aromatherapy Effort, an organization dedicated to donating aromatherapy products to those affected by tragic events such as 9/11. Sylla’s knowledge and expertise in the aromatherapy field expands far beyond this, which is why we want to let you know about the Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy (AIA).
Seeing a need for EO education and training, Sylla established AIA which has since become the oldest running aromatherapy school to date and a globally recognized institution. Not only does AIA offer home-study courses to become a certified aromatherapist, but also presents a wealth of other resources to both the layperson and aromatherapy practitioner. Here’s how to navigate their site.
- Injury reports: We love that AIA has made safety their priority. One safety feature AIA offers is injury reports, which have been filled out by various EO users. You can also fill out an injury report if you or someone you know have used EOs which has resulted in an injury.
- Books: AIA offers necessary informative reading materials on different aspects of EOs, from Essential Oil Chemistry to Aromatherapy Reference Manuals. If you’ve ever wondered what books Edens Garden recommends, start here!
- Free e-Books: Graciously, AIA is offering some amazing e-Books for free! Read-up on essential oil profiles or browse through Sylla’s personal paper on Aromatherapy and Radiation Treatments. You’ll find this information to be priceless, literally.
- Blog: Can’t get enough of EG’s blog? Well we can’t get enough of AIA’s blog. Find interviews with industry leaders like Dr. Robert Pappas, learn about ways the layperson can ascertain the quality of an oil or read their top 10 essential oil injuries list. There is much to be entertained and fascinated by on their blog.
- Workshops: If you are fortunate enough to live in the Tampa, Florida area, consider taking a workshop in person at the Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy. You can also take an online workshop if, like us, you are outside of Florida.