The Top Benefits & Uses Of Best Sleep Ever Essential Oil Blend
According to the National Sleep Foundation, adults need 7-9 hours of sleep a night. Often, stress or stimulation before bed can cause us to have issues falling or staying asleep. Insufficient sleep and sleep deprivation can lead to frustration, more stress, tossing and turning and can potentially lead to headaches, muscle aches and difficulty concentrating.
Sleep is crucial to brain metabolism and helps our bodies recover from long stressful days. Sleep helps us sort each day's activities on a subconscious level to realign our brains mentally. Satisfying deep sleep has the benefit of recharging our immune systems, maintaining a healthy weight as well as lowering the risk for serious health issues with mental health and physical health such as diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure. At times, sleep problems such as sleep apnea and other medical issues can be the reason for sleep disturbances and if this is the case we highly recommend that you speak with your doctor and consult a sleep specialist.
If you would like to further understand how to attain healthy sleep habits for better sleep hygiene on top of using an essential oil sleep blend, try following our healthy bedtime routine tips that will help to reset your circadian rhythm and sleep cycle and balance your mind for a good night's sleep.
Best Sleep Ever Benefits
Best Sleep Ever essential oil blend offers improved sleep quality by pacifying the central nervous system. This superb and integral blend of essential oils offers an incredibly effective sedating influence and awards the ability to unwind as well as calm the heart and mind. If you find you have occasional restlessness, add a warm ambiance to your nightly routine by using this blend before settling down for the night to get the deep sleep you deserve.
How To Use & Where To Apply Essential Oils For Sleep
Fortunately, with a blend like Best Sleep Ever expertly made for you, there are a number of ways to help improve your sleep pattern.
- Diffuse: One of our favorite and most straightforward ways to use essential oils is in a home diffuser. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for your diffuser, add the desired amount of water and 6-8 drops of Best Sleep Ever. If your diffuser has a timer, set it to 60 minutes.
- Salt Bath: Fill a bathtub with warm soothing water. In the meantime, measure out 2 oz of Epsom Salt and put them in a bowl. Add 6 drops of essential oil diluted in 2 oz of carrier oil to the salts and when the bathtub is full, add the salt mixture into the water. Soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Pulse Points: Diluting essential oils in carrier oil is one of the easiest ways to apply essential oils to your pulse points. Pulse points include the back of the neck, behind the ears, on the wrists and on the temples. Once applied, massage the blend into the skin. Edens Garden gives you an effortless option for this method by providing premade Roll-Ons. You can easily find Best Sleep Ever Roll-On here.
- Steam Inhalation: A therapeutic steam combines essential oils with hot water in a large glass or ceramic bowl. To use, place a towel over your head, close your eyes and breathe in deeply through your nose and mouth for a few minutes.
- Pillow Spray: A pillow spray is an easy way to effectively enjoy your favorite bedtime essential oils. Find our recipe below.
BEST SLEEP EVER DIY PILLOW SPRAY
Make yourself a pillow spray for a restful slumber.
What You Need:
- 4 oz Glass Spray Bottle
- 3 oz Purified or Distilled Water
- 1 oz 190-Proof Grain Alcohol
- 48 drops of single essential oils of your choosing or an essential oil blend for sleep
Combine essential oil and grain alcohol in your spray bottle and let sit for a few hours. Then add distilled water and shake before spraying.
What Makes The Best Sleep Ever?
Linaloe Wood (Bursera delpechiana)
Leading the pack, Linaloe Wood has a delightfully sweet, floral and woody fragrance and extends its ability to let go of stress and tension granting the user contentment and an ability to unwind thanks to its high linalool content. This oil, commonly compared to Rosewood, is steam distilled from the plants' wood. Its sedative properties combined with floral oils promote satisfying and restful sleep.
Lavender- Bulgarian (Lavandula angustifolia)
There is a reason that Lavender is considered the “mother of all oils”. It is remarkably adaptable with the ability to aid the skin, bring relief from inflammation, as well as calm the central nervous system. Supporting good quality sleep is one of Lavender’s most well-known and well-studied attributes. Due to its high content of linalool and linalyl acetate, it is exceptionally restorative for the entire body and is considered a central nervous system sedative.
Studies with human trials time and again have found that Lavender brings increased sleep quality and in turn users wake up refreshed.[3,4,5] These studies indicate that Lavender can help support sleep, especially when combined with other good sleep habits.
Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
Ylang Ylang has been used for years in perfumes for its intense floral aroma. Used in excess it can be overwhelming and in blends and using only a drop or two in a blend is highly recommended. It's a base note and grounding which is unusual for an essential oil distilled from a flower and that gives Ylang Ylang some unique qualities. Its ability to relax pent-up energy and muscular tension spurs feelings of euphoria and increases one's experience of pleasure and joy. It is a truly harmonizing and relaxing oil that calms the central nervous system and effectively improves mood.
Sweet Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
Known in Greece as “the joy of the mountains” this herbaceous, woodsy, sweet, warm oil is calming to the heart. It gives comfort and reassurance during stressful moments and encourages us to let go of tension and relieve anxiety - supporting self-care. It is warming both to the senses as well as physically. As a CNS sedative, it offers improved sleep quality and more restful sleep, supporting us by calming obsessive thinking. It is authentically a powerhouse essential oil.
Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea)
Clary Sage has a deeply floral, herbaceous and balsamic aroma. It is ideal for sleep blends due to it being rich in linalyl acetate and linalool - both known for their relaxing effects on the central nervous system and the body. Its inclination to brighten thoughts makes it ideal to use for emotional issues and as an antidepressant. It is pacifying to the mind and releases a negative thought process.
Neroli (Citrus aurantium)
The flowers are distilled to make this alluring floral oil with its aromatic hints of pepper and undertones of citrus. Neroli also contains the properties of linalool and linalyl acetate that work synergistically to help restore vitality by relaxing the nerves and soothing sudden distressing emotions. It's no wonder that this valuable oil rounds out Best Sleep Ever essential oil blend since its inhalation contains anxiety-relieving actions and a prodigious uplifting effect on the psyche - nurturing the heart back toward a warm, trusting relationship with life.
- How Much Sleep Do We Really Need? https://www.sleepfoundation.org/how-sleep-works/how-much-sleep-do-we-really-need
- Get Enough Sleep https://health.gov/myhealthfinder/healthy-living/mental-health-and-relationships/get-enough-sleep#:~:text=Health%20Benefits&text=Get%20sick%20less%20often,stress%20and%20improve%20your%20mood
- A Pilot Study on Essential Oil Aroma Stimulation for Enhancing Slow-wave EEG in Sleeping Brain https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-80171-x
- Effect of Inhaled Lavender and Sleep Hygiene on Self-Reported Sleep Issues: A Randomized Controlled Trial https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4505755/
- A Pilot Study on the Physiological Effects of Three Essential Oils in Humans. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1934578X1601101034
- Relaxing effect of ylang ylang oil on humans after transdermal absorption https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16807875/
- The Effectiveness of Neroli Essential Oil in Relieving Anxiety and Perceived Pain in Women during Labor https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8871902/#:~:text=3.4.-,Effect%20of%20Neroli%20Oil%20Aromatherapy%20on%20Anxiety,of%20labor%20(Table%203).