Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Help your little one ease into sweet dreams with Sleepy Head®, so that their daytime behavior and school performance is at its best. Enhance story time and apply this relaxing blend topically while reading your child’s favorite book. Before the end of Goodnight Moon, your little night owl will be fast asleep. Let the calming blend of Lavender, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Tangerine, Petitgrain, Ylang Ylang, Sweet Marjoram and Roman Chamomile be a part of your new nightly routine!
Not sure which OK for Kids sleep blend is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
Love Sleepy Head®? Try our other natural Sleepy Head® products!
Discover our entire collection of OK For Kids essential oil blends here.
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- For sleep-related issues, there are several areas Sleepy Head can be applied to ensure it’s being used most effectively. To promote a night of restful sleep for your little one, apply Sleepy Head to the temples, neck and wrists. Applying essential oils to these pulse points will not only allow the oil to enter the bloodstream but ensure that it can be inhaled. To prevent skin irritation, dilute 6 drops of Sleepy Head in 1 oz of a carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut oil before applying topically. If your kids have sensitive skin, perform a skin patch test prior to extensive topical use.
- Sleepy Head was expertly formulated with some of the best essential oils for a good night’s sleep. These include Lavender oil, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Tangerine, Petitgrain, Ylang Ylang, Sweet Marjoram and Roman Chamomile oil. This blend is earthy, grounding and yet, sweet. Its aroma is sure to become a nostalgic memory and will leave some wishing they never grow up (especially when paired with a good bedtime read like Peter Pan). Each oil in this blend is safe to be used around kids 2+.
- Sleepy Head essential oil blend promotes restful sleep and calm. Its soothing aroma helps to instill peace in your child, turning chaos into quiet. Sleepy Head was expertly formulated to take the guesswork out of which essential oils are safe and effective for helping your child fall asleep. If you find that they’re having trouble falling asleep, add 5 drops to a diffuser 30 minutes before bedtime to help them ease into a restful state. Additionally, apply Sleepy Head roll-on to their feet and wrists for convenient topical use.
- If you haven’t quite grasped this little-known secret, we’ll give you the scoop. Our OK For Kids line was specifically created to be safe for children two and up, but also to be highly beneficial for not just kids but adults too! In other words, Sleepy Head is more than effective for the whole family to use. Having had industry leaders like Dr. Robert Pappas and Sylla Sheppard-Hanger formulate these blends, Edens Garden has been able to offer what we believe are some of the best and most effective blends the aromatherapy world has to offer. EG’s OK For Kids line has been enjoyed by all ages, and we hope you enjoy them too.
- Like most people you love, you may be prone to give babies the very best of everything — essential oils like Sleepy Head included. But because babies are not quite able to metabolize substances as well as adults and even older children, it’s best to err on the side of extreme caution when it comes to essential oils. For this reason, we recommend avoiding topical use, diffusing a drop or two for a maximum of 5-10 minutes using an active diffuser and checking with your child’s pediatrician before using aromatherapy. Only use essential oils labeled “OK For Kids” and discontinue use of essential oils if you observe irritation and discomfort in your baby. If in doubt, avoid using essential oils with your baby.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
After a long day try diluting 1% in a scent free castile soap and pour into a warm bath. For a nighty night back rub, dilute to 1% in a carrier oil or lotion base and massage into the skin.
More from the blog: