Free shipping on all orders in the US!
You'll love Bug Bite Relief by Edens Garden if you like TerraShield by doTERRA.
The outdoors are filled with nature’s beauty. We inhale and exhale fresh air in wide open spaces. To maximize your outdoor experience, use Bug Bite Relief essential oil blend to support maintaining flawless skin.
With its powerful aroma, Bug Bite Relief Essential Oil Blend is effective and an all-natural option to help you enjoy nature without taking home evidence of it with you. Bug Bite Relief is a positive blend of Ylang Ylang, Nootka Tree, Cedarwood, Catnip, Lemon Eucalyptus, Litsea, Arborvitae and Vanilla essential oils.
Not sure which bug-repellent blend is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
*Formerly known as Repel
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Several essential oil singles have proven themselves to be powerful insect repellents. A few include Lemon Eucalyptus oil due to its citronella component, Catnip because of the interesting theory that cats went crazy for it because of its natural bug-repellent properties, and Nootka Tree which has a naturally deep, woodsy almost gasoline-like aroma that prevents a mosquito from closing in on you. But, not one oil works as well as essential oils in a combination - there is something about essential oil properties that increase in ability when in a formulation. Our Bug Bite Relief blend has proven over and over with our customers that it is a top choice and the best essential oil blend for keeping biting bugs at bay.
- Its powerhouse combination of Eucalyptus- Lemon, Cedarwood- Virginian, and Catnip alone would be enough to repel bugs. By adding to it a few more key oils, Ylang Ylang and Nootka tree, Arborvitae, and Vanilla CO2, this blend is tremendously effective in keeping gnats, mosquitos, and other little ankle biters at bay. Our customers have never been more satisfied with the effectiveness of this blend in preventing a bug bite.
- There are several ways to use Bug Bite Relief. As a topical skin treatment, you can blend 15-18 drops into 1 oz of unscented cream or carrier oil. Keep any critters off of you and away from you by gently massaging onto exposed skin when you head outdoors. Other ideas are for on-the-go relief, add a drop of Bug Bite Relief to Edens Garden Jewelry diffusers or make your own floating candle blend by adding mint leaves, rosemary, fresh lime slices, and water to a mason jar, then add 10 drops of Bug Bite Relief essential oil. Add a floating votive candle and tie a piece of twine around each jar. To avoid sensitivities, especially with people who have sensitive skin, we highly recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
- A DIY Bug Spray is a great project. If you're looking to avoid harsh chemicals, try this simple Essential Oil Bug Spray DIY. Using a 4 oz Glass spray bottle and spritzer, blend .5 oz of 190 proof grain alcohol with 50 drops or so of Bug Relief essential oil blend and let it sit for a few hours so that the oils will disperse into the alcohol. After that time, add 1.5 oz of Witch Hazel and 2 oz of Distilled water. It is optional to use ½ oz of coconut oil in the blend. Shake the ingredients well and spray onto the skin and/or clothing, using as often as needed. Be sure to keep the bottle in a cool, dark place to preserve the ingredients and protect them against the sun.
- Our Bug Bite Relief is perfect for anyone over the age of 2. With young children, we recommend making a DIY bug Spray blend with a 1-2% dilution of essential oils. Using a 4 oz Glass spray bottle and spritzer, blend .5 oz of 190 proof grain alcohol with 20-30 drops or so of Bug Relief essential oil blend and let it sit for a few hours so that the oils will disperse into the alcohol. After that time, add 1.5 oz of Witch Hazel and 2 oz of Distilled water. Shake the ingredients and spray them onto the skin and/or clothing, using them as often as needed. Label the bottle Kid Safe Bug Spray and be sure to keep the bottle in a cool, dark place to preserve the ingredients and protect them against the sun.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
ON-THE-GO: Add a drop of Bug Bite Relief to Edens Garden Jewelry Diffusers to keep unwanted critters away and at bay.
CITRONELLA CANDLES: Add mint leaves, rosemary, fresh lime slices and water to a mason jar, then add 10 drops of Bug Bite Relief essential oil. Add a floating votive candle and tie a piece of twine around each jar.
More from the blog: