Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Spent a little too long in the sun or didn’t use enough sun protection? Slather on the aloe vera and reach for Sunburn Recovery roll-on. This comforting blend nourishes, rehydrates and refreshes skin from within.
Crafted with soothing Lavender and Chamomile along with cooling Peppermint, Sunburn Recovery is the ultimate formula for relieving itchy, tender skin. This restorative blend is also great for general aftersun care.
Diluted to 5% in Fractionated Coconut oil, Sunburn Recovery roll-on is ready to be used topically.
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Shelf Life: 2 Years
- Lavender is on the top of the list for its soothing ability and for the relief, it gives to heal any type of burn, including sunburn. Our Sunburn Recovery roll-on, however, goes a step or two further by adding Tea Tree and Peppermint which both help during the healing process by acting as anti-itch remedials. Roman Chamomile is an excellent skin soother and reduces inflammation. However, we always recommend avoiding sunburns, to begin with by covering your skin with protective clothing and sun protection to avoid sunburns and skin damage.
- Our Sunburn Relief roll-on is great to apply to speed up healing for its soothing qualities as an anti-itch blend and for pain associated with sunburn. Other options are to apply cool, pure aloe vera gel after applying your essential oil roll-on blend. Alternatively, make a cold compress and apply it over the Sunburn Recovery massage oil roll-on. If desired, take a cooling bath with a cup or two of ground oatmeal to soothe inflamed skin. If sunburn has blisters and slow to heal, it’s best to consult with your doctor.
- While we cannot claim that essential oils contain natural sun protection, there have been some in vitro studies that have shown positive results. One study concluded that some essential oils can “absorb a percentage of the sun's radiation and prevent some of the [skin] damage it might cause.” However, further human trials and studies must confirm these findings. We also don’t believe that essential oils contain enough SPF to be considered broad-spectrum. Therefore, they are not a suitable replacement for proven SPF sun protective lotions and creams.
- Our Sunburn Relief essential oil roll-on contains Lavender, the mother of all oils and at the top of the list for oils that help recover skin from sun damage. Following up in this blend are two incredible oils that reduce itchiness - Tea Tree and Peppermint. Tea Tree is also an excellent oil to keep germs at bay when the skin is healing. Peppermint also has analgesic properties and helps to reduce any pain associated with burns while cooling hot, inflamed skin. Try this blend also on any oven burns. Geranium has an affinity to reduce redness and inflammation and reduce skin irritation along with Roman Chamomile that has many of the same properties as a skin soother by reducing inflammation.
- All of our essential oil roll-ons have an approximate shelf life of two years when following recommended storage guidelines. Since oils decay with oxidation, we recommend storing oils in a cool, dry and dark area. Refrigerating oils is an efficient way to keep oils fresh as it meets all three of these requirements. We suggest placing oils in a bag or container in the fridge, so your food doesn’t begin to taste like essential oils. Be sure to also keep the cap twisted tightly to avoid evaporation and exposure to air.