6 Reasons Why We Love Patchouli Essential Oil
Musky and sweet, Patchouli essential oil has an unmistakable aroma and a multitude of therapeutic benefits. During the 18th and 19th centuries, European merchants were known to trade patchouli for gold and luxury goods.
A favorite among the hippie generation, Patchouli’s grounding properties have enchanted its beholders for centuries. There are many reasons why we at Edens Garden love this aromatic oil, and here are our 6 top reasons to love Patchouli.
1. Anxiety and stress relief: When anxiety kicks in, you can rely on Patchouli to help you through the storm. Its grounding, even sedative effects work to ease the mind and body of anxiousness. Inhale deeply to exhale tense thoughts.
2. Eczema, scars and dryness: Like most oils from the sesquiterpene family, Patchouli is prized for its benefits for the skin. Helping to improve the appearance of numerous skin conditions such as eczema, scarring and dryness, Patchouli is a powerhouse for natural skincare and an integral part of our Scar Therapy blend.
3. Immune system: With antimicrobial and antibacterial capabilities, Patchouli is a godsend during cold and flu season. Diffuse alone, or create a synergy with other immunostimulant oils such as Tea Tree, Eucalyptus or Ravintsara.
4. Pain and inflammation: When discomfort gets in your way, Patchouli steps in to save the day. Patchouli is much loved for its analgesic and anti-inflammatory, which have been giving people a natural alternative to OTC medicines for decades.
5. Repellant: The earthy Patchouli aroma we humans love, insects detest. Eco-friendly, and free of toxins, skip the deet and take Patchouli oil along with you on your next outdoor adventure.
6. Perfumery: Last but never least, Patchouli’s aroma is like nothing you’ve ever experienced (unless of course, you have experienced Patchouli). The poster-child for musky, earthiness, Patchouli has a fresh aroma with an old soul. Best paired with florals such as Ylang Ylang and Rose or resins such as Frankincense and Myrrh.
Don’t take our word for it, try Patchouli today, or let us know how much you already love this oil in the comments section below!