6 Reasons Why We Love Patchouli Essential Oil
Musky and sweet, Patchouli essential oil has an unmistakable aroma and a multitude of therapeutic benefits. During the 18th and 19th centuries, European merchants were known to trade patchouli for gold and luxury goods.
A favorite among the hippie generation, Patchouli’s grounding properties have enchanted its beholders for centuries. There are many reasons why we at Edens Garden love this aromatic oil, and here are our 6 top reasons to love Patchouli.
1. Anxiety and stress relief: When anxiety kicks in, you can rely on Patchouli to help you through the storm. Its grounding, even sedative effects work to ease the mind and body of anxiousness. Inhale deeply to exhale tense thoughts.
2. Eczema, scars and dryness: Like most oils from the sesquiterpene family, Patchouli is prized for its benefits for the skin. Helping to improve the appearance of numerous skin conditions such as eczema, scarring and dryness, Patchouli is a powerhouse for natural skincare and an integral part of our Scar Therapy blend.
3. Immune system: With antimicrobial and antibacterial capabilities, Patchouli is a godsend during cold and flu season. Diffuse alone, or create a synergy with other immunostimulant oils such as Tea Tree, Eucalyptus or Ravintsara.
4. Pain and inflammation: When discomfort gets in your way, Patchouli steps in to save the day. Patchouli is much loved for its analgesic and anti-inflammatory, which have been giving people a natural alternative to OTC medicines for decades.
5. Repellant: The earthy Patchouli aroma we humans love, insects detest. Eco-friendly, and free of toxins, skip the deet and take Patchouli oil along with you on your next outdoor adventure.
6. Perfumery: Last but never least, Patchouli’s aroma is like nothing you’ve ever experienced (unless of course, you have experienced Patchouli). The poster-child for musky, earthiness, Patchouli has a fresh aroma with an old soul. Best paired with florals such as Ylang Ylang and Rose or resins such as Frankincense and Myrrh.
Don’t take our word for it, try Patchouli today, or let us know how much you already love this oil in the comments section below!
Grab The Essentials Here:
Leave a comment (Comments will be approved before showing up)
Louise D. Spencer
Patchouli was the oil I chose, at 13, to stake MY identity on. It spoke to most of my generation, and still does. It was the first oil in my collection, over fifty years ago. We were the generation that needed to destress, and Patchouli was the first chemical that so many of us relaxed to. I loved your article, as I do so many of them… I want to say thank you, and keep em comin’!
March 10, 2022 at 10:35 am
Hi Louise! We love hearing what Patchouli means to you, and we hope you enjoy Edens Garden’s Patchouli ❤️