Kids know that germs to Mom are like cooties to them...icky! That’s why we formulated this blend to help defend your family naturally and easily, with Germ Ease! For best results apply topically at a 1% dilution to the chest, back of neck and feet.
Germ Ease is a cleansing blend of Frankincense, Lemon, Juniper Berry, Sweet Marjoram, Pink Pepper, Cedarwood, Sweet Orange, Petitgrain, Cedarwood, Damiana, Blue Tansy and Vanilla CO2.
Not sure which OK for Kids wellness blend is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
Love Germ Ease? Try our other natural Germ Ease® products!
Discover our entire collection of OK For Kids essential oil blends here.
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician.
Do not use if you have nut allergies as Pink Pepper is apart of the cashew family.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- Germ Fighter contains Cassia, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Clove and Rosemary. Germ Ease contains Frankincense, Lemon, Juniper Berry, Sweet Marjoram, Pink Pepper, Cedarwood, Sweet Orange, Petitgrain, Cedarwood, Damiana, Blue Tansy and Vanilla. Unlike Germ Fighter, Germ Ease is safe for kids 2+ and those pregnant and nursing. Edens Garden does not use isolates, additives, fillers, carrier oils or toxic chemicals in order to keep our oils pure and of the highest quality possible.
- Germ Ease can be safely diffused with caution around dogs. However, we don’t recommend applying Germ Ease essential oil topically to your dog. Make sure there is proper ventilation and that your pet can leave the room if desired. If in doubt, ask a vet with aromatherapy experience for safety guidelines for your pet, or avoid essential oil use around your pet altogether. For further pet safety guidelines, we recommend picking a copy of Kristen Leigh Bell’s book Holistic Aromatherapy for Animals or joining an animal aromatherapy Facebook group.
- Germ Ease blend contains essential oils that assist with germs. Studies have shown that essential oils such as Lemon oil, Sweet Orange essential oil and Frankincense have certain antimicrobial properties. When diffused or applied topically, this blend imparts its germ-fighting abilities. However, if you’re looking for a broad-spectrum germ killer, we recommend using an alcohol-based sanitizer or disinfectant.
- There are several ways to effectively use Germ Ease essential oil blend, including 1.) Create a spray by combining 1 oz 190-proof grain alcohol with 80 drops Germ Ease. Let sit for a few hours, then add 3 oz distilled water and spray on surfaces and around high-traffic areas. 2.) Diffuse 10 drops Germ Ease per 100 ml water in an essential oil diffuser to refresh your space. 3.) Dilute 6 drops in 1 ounce of carrier oil and apply around cuts and scrapes.
- Science shows us that essential oils have many natural antibacterial properties. But unlike alcohol-based hand sanitizers which kill a broad spectrum of germs and bacteria, individual essential oils only affect certain types of germs and bacteria. While it may be possible to kill a large number of harmful bacteria with a synergy of antimicrobial essential oils, it’s impossible to kill up to 99.9% of them like traditional sanitizers. Furthermore, essential oils oftentimes only affect certain stages in a germ’s lifespan, but not all stages. Therefore, we do not suggest using essential oils in place of a traditional hand sanitizer to kill germs and prevent the spread of sickness and disease.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
Try making an on-the-go hand sanitizer. Dilute to 1% in an aloe jelly base and and put in a small squeeze bottle. Or try combining 18 drops Germ Ease, 1 oz water with 1 tsp grain alcohol. Spray onto counter tops, shopping carts, restrooms, restaurants or wherever germs might be lurking.
More from the blog: