Clear thinking is essential to a productive day, but when your synapses aren’t firing like they’re supposed to how do you move forward? Enter Concentration & Memory roll-on, your solution to fighting off brain fog so you can stay on top of tasks.
Concentration & Memory combines the aromas of forest-like Cypress and Juniper Berry with fresh Lavender and Tangerine. When diffused or applied topically, this blend works to inspire and motivate with its uplifting aroma.
Diluted to 3% in Fractionated Coconut oil, Concentration & Memory roll-on is ready to be used topically.
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying topically.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
- Concentration & Memory roll-on contains a base of Fractionated Coconut carrier oil blended with a dilution of Blue Cypress (among other essential oils). Blue Cypress has a constituent called chamazulene - the reason this oil has a blue tint. Chamazulene can inhibit an enzyme in our system called CYP2D6 that is responsible for breaking down certain drugs such as Codeine. For prescribed drugs to be effective in our bodies, drugs such as codeine require activation by CYP2D6 in order for the medication to be effective. If you are actively taking codeine it would be wise to avoid any essential oils that contain chamazulene - any oils or oil blends that are blue in color from chamazulene including Cypress- Blue, Chamomile- German, Blue Tansy and Yarrow.
- Certain essential oils have been shown to usher in clear thoughts and help relieve moments of brain fog and absentmindedness. We all know it’s easy to lose focus due to distractions. But, if you find that you have been overworking yourself combined with sitting at the computer all day leads to a lack of focus, there are a number of oils that can help. Overwork can lead you to suffer from lack of sleep which in turn causes focus and mental clarity issues. Gurjun balsam can aid the mind by reducing stress and anxiety, bringing on a calm disposition that can assist with better focus and memory. Cypress- Blue can also support a serene mental state as well as inspire inner courage - bringing with it an ability to motivate and increase productivity. Juniper Berry has an ability to move stagnant energy, revitalizing the atmosphere - also aiding the release of built-up tension. Elemi supports the body and mind by giving the user a chance to take deep, cathartic breaths. If you would like to read more about other oils to help concentration, check out this blog post.
- There have been a number of research studies that have measured the effects of essential oils on memory. The results have been compelling - showing a number of essential oils that improve memory, focus and concentration. Essential oils tested against neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer's disease (AD) and dementia include Rosemary, Lavender, Peppermint, Black Pepper, etc. These studies have shown effectiveness as “multi-potent agents against neurological disorders with better efficacy, safety and cost-effectiveness.”
- Concentration & Memory roll-on essential oil is not recommended to be used during pregnancy because it contains Blue Cypress. Aromatherapist Robert Tisserand warns that Blue Cypress oil may be fetotoxic, and therefore, it and blends that contain it should be avoided while pregnant and breastfeeding. Alternatively, Focus, Focus, Focus roll-on is pregnancy safe when following essential oil safety guidelines, but we do recommend avoiding essential oils during the first trimester. If ever in doubt, check with your doctor before using essential oils while pregnant.
- Our OK for Kids Concentration & Memory roll-on is perfect for anyone over the age of 2. With school-age children, this roll-on is a perfect companion to send them off to school with for use when needed. When not in use be sure to store all essential oils and blends in a cool, dark place to preserve the ingredients and protect them against the sun. Your child can use the blend as often as needed by rolling it on pulse points or try rolling it on the palm of a hand, rubbing the hands together and cupping hands over their nose breathing in deeply 4-5x.