Reclaim wholeness and health by detoxifying with Detox & Cleanse essential oil blend. Magically harmonizing, this blend is flush with antioxidizing and purifying properties that help keep free radicals at bay.
Its playful aroma offers hints of zest and spice. Feel your very best by adding Detox & Cleanse to your wellness routine.
Detox & Cleanse is a blend of Grapefruit, Pink Pepper, Lavender, Lime, Cedarwood, Sweet Orange, Sandalwood, Spearmint, Geranium, Black Pepper, Osmanthus and Vanilla CO2 diluted to 7% in Fractionated Coconut Oil.
*Formerly known as Grapefruit Pink Pepper
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying topically.
Do not use if allergic to tree nuts or seeds, as Pink Pepper is in the same family as cashews.
OK For Kids: 2+
Shelf Life: 2 Years
- One of the top oils for detoxing the body and liver is the citrus oil Pink Grapefruit essential oil, known by its Latin name Citrus paradisi which is cold pressed from the rind of the fruit. Studies have shown that Grapefruit has the benefit of increasing blood to digestive organs giving it the potential for detoxification. Terpene constituents found in Grapefruit have shown purifying and antioxidant properties in controlled lab studies which lend Grapefruit its reputation as a detoxifier when used in aromatherapy treatments. One thing to keep in mind is that when using a new essential oil blend it is best to test the diluted oil on the skin for adverse reactions which can include hives, redness, inflammation, allergic reaction, pain, blistering and itchiness. To avoid sensitivities, we highly recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
- An average of 10% of topically applied essential oils enter the bloodstream. For example, .3% of a 3% dilution of essential oil would be absorbed. When you apply essential oils to the feet, where the skin is 100 to 400 times thicker than other areas of the body, this percentage may be reduced. The feet are also regarded as having the slowest absorption rate, whereas the forehead is considered to have one of the quickest. If you’re looking to apply essential oils so that they effectively enter the bloodstream, it would be preferable to apply your essential oil to your forehead, underarms or abdomen rather than your feet.
- There are some outstanding antioxidant and purifying properties found in the essential oils in this roll-on blend that increase blood flow and circulation, particularly associated with Grapefruit, Spearmint and Black Pepper. By massaging this roll-on into the abdominal area in a clockwise direction 3-4 times a day, the user will find the increased potential and benefit of antiinflammatory properties and oxidative stress reduction that are associated with liver and digestive organ detoxification. With skin care products that contain citrus oils including Grapefruit - be aware that many are phototoxic. We recommend that you stay out of direct sunlight for 12-24 hours after using this blend on sun exposed skin to avoid serious sun burn.
- We defer to the Tisserand Institute article to expand on this question: “while the essential oils don’t chelate heavy metals they may stimulate detoxification processes that may help encourage heavy metal elimination. For example, preliminary research and limited clinical observation suggest that limonene (found in citrus essential oils) may stimulate the production of glutathione, which is an antioxidant that binds to heavy metals. If the detoxification pathways (enzymes, protein transportation, and other antioxidants) are working well then these bound heavy metals may be able to be eliminated from the body.”
- We recommend using this blend for body care 3-4 times daily as an abdominal massage oil treatment. Roll the blend onto the belly and massage the oil onto the belly in a clockwise direction (the direction of digestion). Try using it right after your morning shower and before bed as well as a few times in the middle of the day. For best digestive practices and to keep your digestive system as healthy as possible, it is extremely important to avoid alcohol, sugar and fried foods while attending to your detoxification practice.
Where To Apply: For more information on where to apply roll-ons, visit our blog post here.