Create the perfect environment for deep slumber with Sound Asleep. It’s the perfect blend to use before bedtime and can make counting sheep a thing of the past. This blend was intentionally made with Lavender, Sweet Marjoram, Grapefruit, Damiana, Cistus and Osmanthus.
Not sure which OK for Kids sleep blend is right for you? Check out our blog on the differences here!
Love Sound Asleep? Try our other natural Sound Asleep products!
Discover our entire collection of OK For Kids essential oil blends here.
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying topically.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- For best results, we recommend using Sound Asleep as follows: Diffuse your essential oil before bed for restful sleep. You can even set your Diamond Diffuser to run intermittently! For best results, we recommend using your aromatherapy diffuser and sleep blend 30 minutes prior to bedtime. Opt for Sound Asleep Roll On pre-diluted with carrier oil and apply to the skin on pulse points of your throat, neck and temples before sleep. This can be a great solution if you’re traveling and are unable to bring your diffuser along with you. Lastly, make a 4 oz pillow and linen spray by combining 18 drops of essential oil, 2 tablespoons of grain alcohol and 3 oz of distilled water in a glass spray bottle.
- Sound Asleep has a gentle combination of kid safe essential oils that help to reduce stress, ease away worry, offer better sleep and boost mood including the soft, floral, fresh aroma of versatile Lavender oil, the uplifting and supremely comforting and herbal Sweet Marjoram, the fresh aroma of Grapefruit, subtle earthy undertones of Damiana, sweet honey like fragrance of Cistus and the sweet ripe fruit bouquet of Osmanthus.
- We understand everyone is different, which is why we’ve formulated multiple sleep blends. Both blends have oils that will help your child fall asleep, stay asleep and wake up feeling well-rested. Each blend has a sedative effect but the main difference between Sleepy Head® and Sound Asleep mainly comes down to a preference in aroma. OK For Kids Sleepy Head® is earthy, grounding and yet, sweet. Lavender, Cedarwood, Frankincense and Petitgrain are standout characters in this harmonious blend. OK For Kids Sound Asleep is soft, delicate and yet sweet with its focus of Lavender, Sweet Marjoram, Osmanthus and Damiana essential oils. We highly recommend checking out other customers' reviews of these blends to help you decide which of these blends may be best for you and your little ones!
- Sound Asleep and our other OK for Kids blends are perfect to use for the entire family including adults. Try it in a diffuser by following the manufacturer instructions for your diffuser or as a DIY pillow spray by combining 18-30 drops of essential oil, 2 tablespoons of grain alcohol and 3 oz of distilled water in a glass spray bottle. You can also make use of our prefilled rollers perfect for on the go use or kept next to the bed on your bedside table.
- We do not recommend using any essential oils around babies under the age of 2 years old as their systems are much more sensitive to the concentration of components found in essential oils. However, for a child over the age of 2, Sound Asleep essential oil blend is safe to use in limited amounts. If diffusing, turn the diffuser off after 15 minutes. If using topically keep the blend at a 1% dilution. For safe dilutions see our chart here.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Synergy Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser's product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
Try diluting 1% in a carrier oil or scent free lotion base and apply as a soothing back rub as part of your nightly routine. Also try applying a few diluted drops to your little one's favorite stuffed animal or blankie and each cuddle will bring both comfort and a soft sweet aroma. Diffuse for 15 minutes using the Edens Garden Ceramic Ultrasonic Diffuser, in your child’s room for extra sound sleep.
More from the blog: