6 Essential Oils For Sensitive Skin
Dryness, itchiness, and redness are just some of the markers of sensitive skin. You may have experienced inflammation from a specific product or noticed puffiness from seasonal allergies. Synthetic fragrance found in conventional beauty products can also irritate the skin because of thehigh level of toxicity. Unlike fragrances, however, essential oils have therapeutic value that can drastically improve the condition of your skin.
Because of the potency of 100% pure essential oils, dilution with a carrier oil is imperative when applying to the skin. Some of our most skin-loving carriers include Prickly Pear Seed, Tamanu and Apricot Kernel. To help soothe away blotchiness and irritation with the help of a carrier oil, try our top essential oil picks for sensitive skin.
- French Lavender: Whether you’re suffering from a sunburn or trying to get a handle on inflammation, French Lavender actively promotes healing. It has a high Linalyl acetate content and contains less Linalool than other types of Lavender, making it a powerful agent against bacteria and infection.
- Clary Sage: A natural regulator of sebum production, Clary Sage has an array of anti-inflammatory properties that help your skin reclaim a healthy glow. Regular use also helps gently tone and tighten the skin.
- Neroli: Naturally brighten your skin with just a few drops of Neroli. Generally non-irritating, it helps shrink the appearance of pores and reduce dry spots so that you can achieve a dewy complexion.
- Rose: Deeply hydrating, Rose can help fade the appearance of scars and redness. Its nourishing components can also firm and restore damaged skin. Try it in a Roll-On for ultra easy application!
- Carrot Seed: Stimulate healing with high levels of vitamins A and E found in Carrot Seed essential oil. A natural protectant, Carrot Seed moisturizes as it tightens.
- Chamomile: A natural remedy for acne and blemishes, Chamomile is rich in antiseptic and anti-inflammatory components that promote more radiant skin. It can also help to improve the appearance of dark spots and discoloration.
** if you don’t combat sensitive skin on a daily basis, some essential oils can prompt an allergic reaction or irritation so always do a patch test before application.