Free shipping on all orders in the US!
Reclaim wholeness and health by detoxifying with Detox & Cleanse essential oil blend. Magically harmonizing, this blend is flush with antioxidizing and purifying properties that help keep free radicals at bay.
Its playful aroma offers hints of zest and spice. Feel your very best by adding Detox & Cleanse to your wellness routine.
*Formerly known as Grapefruit Pink Pepper
Safety: Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use internally unless instructed by a licensed aromatherapist or physician. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying topically.
Do not use if allergic to tree nuts or seeds, as Pink Pepper is in the same family as cashews.
OK For Kids: 2+
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Shelf Life: 2 Years
Pet Safety: Essential oils are generally safe to diffuse around adult cats and dogs intermittently. Ensure the room you’re diffusing in is well-ventilated and that your pet can leave if desired. Discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction. Avoid topical use and diffusing around young pets, small animals or pets with health problems.
- One of the top oils for detoxing the body and liver is the citrus oil Pink Grapefruit essential oil, known by its Latin name Citrus paradisi which is cold pressed from the rind of the fruit. Studies have shown that Grapefruit has the benefit of increasing blood to digestive organs giving it the potential for detoxification. Terpene constituents found in Grapefruit have shown purifying and antioxidant properties in controlled lab studies which lend Grapefruit its reputation as a detoxifier when used in aromatherapy treatments. One thing to keep in mind is that when using a new essential oil blend it is best to test the diluted oil on the skin for adverse reactions which can include hives, redness, inflammation, allergic reaction, pain, blistering, and itchiness. Test the oil blend on the skin for 24 hours for adverse reactions before using it on the entire body.
- To use this blend in a body care bath, using a glass or ceramic bowl, mix 2 cups of Epsom salt, ½ cup of baking soda, and 10-15 drops of Detox & Cleanse and incorporate the mixture well with a spoon. Once blended, run your bath with warm water, and once the tub is ½ full add the salts and let them melt into the water by swirling the salts around the tub with your hand. Hop in when ready and sit in the tub for at least 15 minutes for optimal results. Due to this blend's heightened amount of Grapefruit essential oil, which is phototoxic, using this blend on the skin could potentially cause burns with direct sunlight exposure within 18 hours after use. We highly recommend avoiding sunlight or UV rays after applying to the skin topically, especially in summer.
- There are some outstanding antioxidant and purifying properties found in the essential oils in this blend that increase blood flow and circulation, particularly associated with Grapefruit, Spearmint, and Black Pepper. By diluting this blend into a skincare massage oil and employing it for abdominal massage 3-4 times a day, the user will find the increased potential and benefit of antiinflammatory properties and oxidative stress reduction that are associated with liver and digestive organ detoxification.
- We defer to the Tisserand Institute article to expand on this question: “while the essential oils don’t chelate heavy metals they may stimulate detoxification processes that may help encourage heavy metal elimination. For example, preliminary research and limited clinical observation suggest that limonene (found in citrus essential oils) may stimulate the production of glutathione, which is an antioxidant that binds to heavy metals. If the detoxification pathways (enzymes, protein transportation, and other antioxidants) are working well then these bound heavy metals may be able to be eliminated from the body.”
- We recommend using this blend 3-4 times daily as an abdominal massage oil treatment. To make your DIY Detox & Cleanse blend, mix 10-15 drops of the essential oil blend into a carrier oil or unscented cream of your choice. Massage the oil blend onto the belly in a clockwise direction (the direction of digestion). Try using it right after your morning shower and before bed as well as a few times in the middle of the day. For best digestive practices and to keep your digestive system as healthy as possible, it is extremely important to avoid alcohol, sugar, and fried foods while attending to your detoxification practice.
Apply Topically: Our Single Essential Oils and Blends are 100% pure and undiluted. To apply to the skin, dilute with a high-quality Carrier Oil. See our dilution chart here. We recommend performing a skin patch test when using a new essential oil topically.
Diffuse & Inhale: Breathe in your favorite essential oils using an essential oil diffuser or personal pocket inhaler. For instructions on how to use your diffuser, please refer to the diffuser’s product page.
DIYs: Explore simple and fun recipes on The Drop, our essential oil blog with expert tips, EO news, and informative reads.
LYMPH DRAIN: Combine 12 drops of Detox & Cleanse essential oil blend with 1 oz of carrier oil. Then perform a lymphatic drainage massage on yourself or with the help of a professional. Wash off afterwards.
SKIN REFRESH: Create a nightly body oil to restore wholeness to your skin and body by combining 18 drops of Detox & Cleanse and 1 oz of Oat carrier oil. Apply to skin at night. Note: This oil is phototoxic and should be avoided in sunlight or under UV rays.
More from the blog: