Top 10 Benefits Of Essential Oils For Toddlers
The priority of every parent? Your child’s development and wellbeing. From providing them with a healthy diet and regular exercise to teaching them good hygiene and the importance of sleep, there are many ways to raise your child well.
One thing you may not have considered is adding essential oils to support your child’s daily health. But you should, because by selecting the right kid safe essential oils, you can take their wellness routine to the next level.
Curious about what the best essential oils for kids are? Then let’s dive into the top 10 ways essential oils can benefit your toddler.
Top 10 Benefits of Essential Oils For Toddlers
Is your toddler’s energy levels off the charts?
Sometimes you may need help getting them to calm down, and essential oils are able to do just that. The right, kid safe essential oils can help relax their muscles and calm their racing minds allowing them (and you) to enjoy some downtime.
Two of our favorite essential oils for calming kids are Lavender essential oil and Calm ‘Em Down.
- A 2010 study on aromatherapy discovered linalool – found in Lavender oil and Petitgrain – had a calming effect on participants, along with the ability to reduce anxiety, increase social interaction and reduce aggression.
Calm ‘Em Down was expertly formulated with the most soothing essential oils for children, including Lavender, Petitgrain, Douglas Fir, Sweet Orange, Vetiver, Damiana, and Vanilla CO2, making it an optimal choice for helping your little one to wind down.
Doctors find that helping your child regulate their emotions is essential to their mental health. And studies on essential oils’ ability to positively affect mood make them a great companion to this task.
The next time your child is practicing deep breathing, finding ways to distract themself or working through their emotions, have them inhale a mood-boosting oil such as Bee Happy or use the roll-on for topical application.
Many parents who are aromatherapy users can testify that essential oils’ ability to enhance sleep is a godsend.
Hence, why we can’t live without Sleepy Head and Sound Asleep essential oil blends. Each blend is intended to help your child fall asleep, stay asleep and wake up feeling well-rested. They even work great for adults too!
What’s the difference, you ask? It mainly comes down to aroma preference. Both blends have oils that will help your child maintain restful sleep. To help you narrow it down, we recommend browsing customer reviews of these blends to find the blend that’s best for you and your little one.
Toddlers often have a unique set of skincare woes – from scrapes and bruises to eczema and skin irritations.
We created a blend that can take on all of these issues quickly and effectively. Soothe & Smooth was made with skin nourishing oils of Lavender- Bulgarian, Seabuckthorn Berry CO2, Rosehip CO2, Marigold Flower CO2, Pine, Evening Primrose CO2, Geranium- Egyptian, Frankincense- Carterii, Sandalwood- East Indian, Chamomile- Roman, Chamomile- German, Gurjun Balsam, Vanilla CO2, Rose- Bulgarian Absolute and Helichrysum- Italicum.
So what exactly can you use this blend for? Here are our top uses:
- Dry patches
- Bug bites
- Minor burns
- Minor scrapes
- Itchy skin
For some, staying focused and attentive during long school days can be a struggle. But essential oils can help.
Start your child’s day off the right way by diffusing essential oils or by giving them an essential oil bracelet to wear during the day with concentration-boosting oils.
For example, Lime essential oil can be used as an aromatherapeutic uplifter to help clear your child’s mind and encourage positive mental energy when inhaled using a diffuser. Lime is one of the main ingredients in our Focus, Focus, Focus roll-on which is a great blend to help ward off distractions and keep your child’s mind attentive to their current task.
One of our favorite health benefits of essential oils is their ability to support your child’s respiratory health thanks to their anti-inflammatory and decongesting properties.
They can aid deep breathing and respiratory health in several ways. From opening the airways to calming the mind, essential oils may help you find your breath and your inner calm.
Oils like Silver Fir, Lavender and Ginger are powerfully anti-inflammatory in their own right. When combined with soothing Spearmint, Chamomile- Roman and Vanilla, these oils are a force to be reckoned with, which is why we formulated our Breathe In, Breathe Out essential oil blend with each of these powerful ingredients. Diffuse it or apply the diluted essential oil to your child’s chest for necessary relief.
Keeping kids healthy may seem like a never-ending task, but a doable one when you add in essential oils that help protect and combat environmental threats and seasonal attacks.
Healthy Hero is our solution to supporting a healthy immune system, thanks to it containing the best essential oils for your little one’s wellbeing. This essential oil blend can effectively be used with:
- An essential oil diffuser
- Hot or cold compresses
- Diluting with a carrier oil and then adding to a bath
- Diluting with a carrier oil and then massaging into temples, neck or feet
No matter their causes, allergy triggers and symptoms are no fun. After all, what kid wants to spend all day with a runny nose, headache or sore throat? The trouble is, that it can be difficult to know which essential oil is best suited for your child’s specific allergies and symptoms.
The good news is that you don’t have to choose, thanks to our pure essential oil allergy blend. Edens Garden Pollen Buster blend combines some of the most powerful essential oils for allergy relief:
- Fir Needle (Abies sibirica)
- Lavender- Bulganian (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Rosalina (Melaleuca ericafolia)
- Geranium- Egyptian (Pelargonium graveolens)
- Blue Tansy (Tanacetum annuum)
- Moroccan- Rose (Rosa centifolia)
There are several ways to use this oil in your allergy-fighting routine:
- Purchase pre-diluted Roll-On essential oils to take with you on the go. When allergies act up, apply to your child’s wrists and throat.
- Place 5-10 drops of essential oil in a personal diffuser for use throughout the day.
- Use the essential oil intermittently in an ultrasonic diffuser in the room where they spend most of their time.
Queasiness and stomach troubles can ruin an otherwise lovely day. But science shows us that essential oils can help.
- In an aromatherapy study, 100 people experiencing vomiting and nausea were given Lemon essential oil. The oil was found to drastically reduce nausea symptoms compared to placebo.
- A research paper on aromatherapy's effects on patients with postoperative nausea and vomiting found that those who inhaled Ginger essential oil needed less antiemetic medication.
Both Ginger and Lemon oil, along with a blend of tummy soothing oils, were formulated into our Tummy Aid essential oil blend to provide quick relief to upset tummies. Dilute it in Fractionated Coconut oil or use our prediluted Tummy Aid roll-on for convenient topical application.
#10 Growing Pains
No parent wants to see their child uncomfortable or in pain, which is why growing pains are no fun for both kids and adults.
If you’re looking for natural remedies for growing pains, look no further than Aches & Pains blend.
A blend of antispasmodic oils like Lavender, Sweet Marjoram and more, Aches & Pains helps to ease discomfort quickly and effectively.
After all, growing up can be painful enough.
- Effects of Inhaled Linalool in Anxiety, Social Interaction and Aggressive Behavior in Mice. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19962290/
- How to Help a Highly Emotional Child Cope With Big Feelings. https://www.verywellfamily.com/how-to-help-an-overly-emotional-child-4157594
- The Effect of Lemon Inhalation Aromatherapy on Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy: A Double-Blinded, Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4005434.
- Aromatherapy for Treatment of Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6494172/#CD007598-sec2-0016